Lap bunny vs. Outdoor rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nut

Reaction score
How many of you have bunnies that aren't as 'social' with you? I'm amazed to see so many...My bunny lives with my in my room, comes out and sits on my lap and plays with me almost every day (well, she likes to nip and explore). She can't be free roaming because of safety hazards and litter training is in process (and going well), but I think she enjoys it. :)I only take her outside in the screened-in-porch when it's warm out (which has only been twice since I got her), and I'm always supervising.

What about your rabbits?

Phinn used to be a 'social butterfly'! Always wanting to be petted and held, but since Cleo came... well that's a different story! LOL

He see's me as a threat to her, so he now growls and lunges at me alot (yes he is neutered) :craziness. But he still get's in his little 'I love Mommy modes' when I take him away from Cleo.

Cleo on the other hand, well i've pretty much given up on ever being able to touch her, haha!

Who says outdoor rabbits can't be lap rabbits?:biggrin2:I'm sure Millie would have to disagree - she uses me as a human climbing frame!:rollseyes:rofl: I'll just be sitting there and suddenly she will jump on my feet/legs/stomach/shoulder/back for a snuggle. Silly girl!:p

Maddie is the friendliest bunny alive, haha. :D Comes flying over when she sees me, doesn't let me leave the room without running after me. She doesn't lay down beside me often, but that's only because she's so full of energy! I think as she gets older she'll mellow and want to snuggle more. ;) She grooms me all the time though. :)

Ebony would be so much friendlier if she lived inside, when she comes in she is a different rabbit, just loves attention, being petted, snuggling etc. Not outside. I hate her living outside so much, it's so unfair. :(

Rex and Mini are very social and will climb in my lap for lovings. Rex more so but they are both very social...they are indoor bunnies.

I agree with Jess, they can be both! Maybe it's a Rex thing. ;)

Jay and Mulch are very loving and friendly, they both will climb on me for hugs or treats, Jay pushes his nose into my hand for rubs and Mulch likes to lick my face. They both respond to my voice, even out in the garden Mulch will (usually!) come running back to me I call her. They're both very social, and they've lived in a shed their whole lives.

Don't even start me with Roxie! When I reach out to pet her she runs away! She lives outside with her life partner Buddy. Since she has been bonded she dosn't really like to be held that much. She will not squirm but thumps once you put her down.

~Hannah and the Gang:bunny24:bunny24 +:biggrin2:

Violet's defiantly a lap bunny. but some times she just wants to play, then she won't let me hold her. bu together than that she a sweet heart!

i have a set of sisters(Autumn and Lilac), who have been together for life, they are 7 this year. The longest they have ever spent apart is 1 in the birth canal, and then for nails and the like. They are like 2 peas in a pod. One sister(autumn) likes attention petting, not crazy about being picked up but ok with it. The other sister(lilac) likes to be talked to but rather not be petted or touched she relys on attention from her sister only. They have both been raised and handled the same way, just different personalities.

Each and every one of mine is different in what they like, and all of mine are inside. Stormy is a love bug loves his mummy loves to be held and in my lap, Balooga will follow me around when he is out to the point he's between my ankles and i nearly step on him he's also like a rag doll in your arms when you pick him up(he is also the dirtiests bunny in the world LOL like those kids you give them a bath turn your head and they are covered in dirt from head to toe but that's another post altogether). Blueberry loves to be petted and kissed, ok being picked up but he rather you just lean over him.

then we have piper, talk to him but don't touch, Thumper who lives with her mum and sister and adoids humans as much as possible, while her mumand sister are very sociable..

Oh my avata pic is Gabs(mum), Tessa(sis) and Thumper

Latest posts

Back