LA Rabbit Savvy Vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
The followingis the House Rabbit Society link for Rabbit Veterinarians in Louisiana:

http://rabbit.org/care/vets_louisiana.html

Thislink isfor an old, but excellent list (courtesy of Petbunny mailing list subscribers). Please post any known updates in this thread.

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/Vet_LA.html

With the permission of the Petbunny moderator, we have reposted those Petbunny Listings here:[size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"]
[/font][/size]
  1. [font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]
  2. Gregory Rich DVM
    Haley Burke, DVM
    West Esplanade Veterinary Clinic and Bird Hospital
    3640 West Esplanade
    Metairie, LA 70002
    (504) 455-6386
    Recommended by: June Booth
    Comments: Willing to consult over the phone and try new medical techniques. Very knowledgeable about rabbits. Is available 24/7 for emergencies. Treats the rabbits and people with great respect.
    Submitted: 12/04
    Need directions?
  3. Kristine Vennen D.V.M.
    Loftin Animal Hospital
    836 Chemin Metairie
    Youngsville LA 70592
    (337) 856-8080
    Submitted: 7/05
    Need directions?
  4. John Edwards D.V. M.
    Lakeshore Veterinary Pet Hospital
    155 Moores Road
    Mandeville, LA 70471
    (985) 626-5615
    Submitted: 7/05
    Need directions?[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"]
[/font][/size] And, the followinglist is from the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians: (Please be sure that vets on this listtreat rabbits and not just birds or reptiles).

Again, please post any additions, commentsor updates in this thread.

Thanks!

Louisiana

Haley F. Burke , DVM
Bossier Animal Hospital
3308 Industrial Dr.
Bossier City, LA 71112
Phone: 318-746-7821
Fax: 318-746-7829

Kristine Vennen, DVM
Loftin Veterinary Hospital
836 Chemin Metairie
Youngsville LA 70518
Phone: 337-856-8080
Email: [email protected]

Here's two more rabbit savvy vets, my rabbit sawboth of them when he had an intestinal blockage, and Dr. Mooneyneutered my bun. Both wonderful vets, and Dr. Mooney is my regular vet,and see's Harper, as well as all my other animals, for any healthproblems.

Dr. Pirie has been the sole vet for the Baton Rouge Zoo of Louisiana,as well as the Audubon Zoo of New Orleans for many years, and alsotakes care of Mike the Tiger at Louisiana State University. He did awonderful job when Harper had an intestinal blockage.

Pirie Jr, Gordon J DVM - Baker Animal Hospital
4936 Groom Rd, Baker, LA 70714
(225) 775-8815

Mooney, Daniel DVM - Park Forest Animal Hospital
10219 Greenwell Springs Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70814
(225) 275-2284

Both of these vets are wonderful about meeting you after hours.I haven't used Dr. Pirie as an emergency yet, but he did meet my friendat 2am when her bun got sick. I do, however, know that Dr. Mooney willmeet with you 24/7 if it's an emergency.

The West Esplanade Clinic has not reopened post-Katrina.

I just took my injured bunny to see Dr. Joe Dalgo at:

Barataria Animal Hospital
2657 Barataria Blvd.
Marrero, LA 70072

(504) 340-6936

He seemed very knowledgable about rabbits. He talked about the properkinds of hay and pellets and also the bacteria in rabbits' GI tract.

[size="+1"]Airline Animal Hospital[/size]

[size="-1"]2801 Northside Dr # 5[/size]
[size="-1"]Bossier City, LA 71111[/size]
[size="-1"](318) 747-9150

[/size]

John Edwards D.V. M.
Lakeshore Veterinary Pet Hospital
155 Moores Road
Mandeville, LA 70471
(985) 626-5615

This vet is a god send to anyone looking for an exotics vet. I have used Lakeshore Veterinary Hospital for EVERY one of my pets, so if you have a dog or cat that needs a vet take him here!

Dr. Edwards specializes in all exotics and there are even two examination rooms specifically for exotic animals. (Including rabbits.) He treats my chinchillas (and if you think it's hard to find a rabbit vet, try looking for one for a chinchilla x.x), and has even done surgery on my now deceased hamster. He really knows his stuff.

I'm actually bring Beatrice to see him this week!

Back