Kleenmama's hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]YES!!![/align]
[align=center][/align]

[align=left]Kleenmama's hay is awesome and Linda will 100% guarantee satisfaction. I recently switched from APD hay (I still use APD pellets though).[/align]

angieluv wrote:
I just ordered 45 lbs 2nd cut timothy..will I be happy?
As with any question, the answer is dependent upon the person asked. ;)

I ordered one bale of KM's hay and liked it. My hubby was less enthused because there was a lot of "water weed" in it. (We usually tried picking it out, which got a bit tedious--hence Hubby's gripes.)

Also,only one of my two bunners (at that time) ate it well. I still don't know of Emma didn't touch it much because she was just starting stasis issues, or if she went into stasis partly because she ate much less hay than normal.

Presently, my three bunseatthe "dusty" Oxbow hay, since it's the one brand that I can guarantee will be eaten. :?

Jenk

The main thing is that will your rabbits be happy....yes they will. I order KM hay from time to time but it has to come from the wrong coast...shipping time and costs are an issue. For those of you in the eastern part of the country....the best hay I have found comes from either Bunny Bale out of Virginia www.bunnybale.com or Sweet Meadow Farm out of New England www.sweetmeadowfarm.com Both of these offer products far superior to competition.

Randy

ra7751 wrote:
For those of you in the eastern part of the country....the best hay I have found comes from either Bunny Bale out of Virginia http://www.bunnybale.com or Sweet Meadow Farm out of New England http://www.sweetmeadowfarm.com Both of these offer products far superior to competition.
Those of us in the Midwest are in a tight bind; shipping costs on all hay is high. I'd like to try Sweet Meadow Farm, but they don't offer a 50-lb. bale :(, which I need, now having three bunners.

Imay still give Bunny Bale a try, though I don't believe that they're anymore cost effective (for me) than is Oxbow. Again, it's the whole shipping-cost issue....

My bun is *always* happy when a new shipment of 2nd cut timothy comes in from Kleenmama's. (She doesn't like their bluegrass hay, which Linda says is true of many bunnies; gps generally can't get enough of it.)

I'd urge you to try some of KM's hay. She has sampler sizes availalbe (or she used to..)

I got my latest shipment 2 weeks ago, and so far, no complaints here! :) Nibbles has been working overtime at digging in it to get to the best pieces.

Allof my buns love it!:yes:

The BunnyBales that I got last time was 1st cut...too many stems and heads for the buns liking. You can't select the cut...you get what they have without knowing what it will be.

A least Kleenmamas lets you know what your ordering.
The packaging is smaller because it's compressed. The 45 pound carton fits nicely under my NIC laptop table :biggrin2:.
The quality is very good and I haven't found anything mixed in yet. This cut may have crowded out the other weeds and such.

It comes in a cardboard carton lined with a big plastic bag.

I'm thinking that I should get it out of the plastic to avoid moisture forming from condensation.
I've got and old Oxbow carton that I can use.

I see Kleenmamas now has 3rd cut available, too!!

JimD wrote:
It comes in a cardboard carton lined with a big plastic bag.

I'm thinking that I should get it out of the plastic to avoid moisture forming from condensation.
I've got and old Oxbow carton that I can use.

Found my answer right on Kleenmamas site!

"Hay Storage"
"Storing hay properly will prevent the formation of molds. This is especially important for our 3rd cut timothy as it has a higher moisture content than our other hays. You MUST remove the plastic in order to provide airflow. Choose a dry location with adequate air circulation. Closets and closed sheds with poor air circulation will not allow the hay to dry sufficiently. Failure to store the hay properly may promote the growth of mold. "

Well my californina hay was delivered today in a rainstorm ...
Tomorrow my buns will have their first taste of kleenmama's
I ripped the box open

it looks great.....:D

Latest posts

Back