Kits Climbing into Feeding Pipes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopMad

Reaction score
Hey everybun :)

I am having a minor issue with my kits.

Some of my cages have feeder pipes (for those who don't know what they are, they are basically a pipe that allows food to be poured in from the outside). My largest cage, the one used for mothers and kits has two of these pipes. I currently have a doe and her two kits in there and the kits are constantly climbing into the pipes.

The haven't escaped (yet) and all they seem to be doing is sleeping inside the pipes, but I still worry that they will escape or get stuck.

I've covered the tops of the pipes so that they can't escape, but they still get in.

I would rather not move their cage - this cage is larger and stronger than my other ones and they really love this one. It also means that mother bun has space to escape her kits.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue and what did you do? Just remove the pipes and cover the holes? Stuff something into the pipes?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1458096671.567447.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1458096688.700553.jpg

Your other option is to just put a cap on the end that's in the cage and feed them by alternate means until the kits are too big to fit.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I'll try them out and see what works best :)

My brother also suggested a cool idea - put a small bottle down into the pipe. I tried it and it worked well enough, but I'll try the other things too.

Latest posts

Back