Kit Pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malo

Reaction score
My doe kindled four healthy kits (she had fivebut it was stillborn). I am not sure how old exactly they are. They maybe around 7 or 8 days but I didn't realize she kindled until August30th. They are healthy, but I just wish Pillow will clean them more.

My camera isn't good with closeups, so I am going to have to deal untilI have some help with holding them. I only got one BAD picture of myfavorite.

First, this is the little broken white (and fawn?) kit. He/She is goingto look like its mom with the dark ears and spots on the back. He/Shemay be a little lighter, however.
P1010006-1.jpg

P1010007-2.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

P1010011-2.jpg

Secondly here is one of the broken blacks/blues. This is the only decent pic I got of him/her :-
P1010012-2.jpg

Here is the other broken black/blues. This one has more spots than solid color.
P1010014-1.jpg

This picture came out nice, but of course it wasn't facing me. Theyellow spots on her/him are pee. Mom isn't cleaning them that well.
P1010018-1.jpg

Maybe its a boy, he has a mustache!
P1010019-1.jpg

P1010024.jpg

And here is one bad shot of my favorite. Possibly a broken fawn, not sure yet.
P1010025.jpg

I am sure my colors are way off. I just want to wait until they areolder to look at their colors. I am just admiring how cute they are!

Jess_sully wrote:
Those kits are really cute! Just wondering though, how did you not realize that she'd kindled until that late?

It was her and my first litter so I was too nervous to check. I knowshe made a nest with her fur and hay a few days before but I didn'twant to disrupt them. I saw wiggling a few days ago which is when Iactually checked. I didn't want her to reject the kits if I touchedthem too soon.

Congrats on the babies!

Just wanted to put in a quick word - what you see as pee stains in thebabies may in fact be dried skin that flakes off when the furr reallystarts to grow in. It's usually a yellow colour and it is prettynormal. Hard for me to tell from the pics though :). They don't lookgrubby to me. I would estimate that they are 6 days old from yourpictures.

minilops wrote:
Just wanted to put in a quick word - what you see as pee stains in thebabies may in fact be dried skin that flakes off when the furr reallystarts to grow in. It's usually a yellow colour and it is prettynormal. Hard for me to tell from the pics though :). They don't lookgrubby to me. I would estimate that they are 6 days old from yourpictures.

Thank you,

I did notice their skin was a little flaky but now their fur is very yellow. Could it also be urine stains from the kits?

A lot of it probably is pee staining, I dorecall mine going through a stage of looking a bit pee'd on too. Theyshould sort themselves out hopefully with that as they get older andless likely to just pee where ever they are sitting. When mine werethis little and I would pick them up they would pee all over me!

Latest posts

Back