kit color question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheandg

Reaction score
So my lionhead litter is a week old now and at first I thought the 3 dark ones were going to be siamese sable ....then they started looking seal but now I am thinking they are black???

what do you think? Mom is a tort-black and dad is a siamese sable

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

They look black to me. Seal has a bit of a brownish tinge where as black can almost look dark blue which is how they appear to me.

I dont know the color yet!! But I can take the gray and the white one off your hands!! :p:inlove:

I have to agree with black.

The REW in the litter means that the tort damis C c and the Siamese Sable sire is cchl c - this would mean that a homozygous cchl seal is impossible.

So with with pairing (the parents) will I never get a tort kit? Her first litter was 2 Siamese sable, blue, rew.

If I bred back her blue son to her what could I expect to get?

When we had out lionhead buck that died 2 days after we got him.. He was an Tort.. Hes parents were Black & REW. He didnt have no tort until hes G.G Grandparents

sheandg wrote:
So with with pairing (the parents) will I never get a tort kit? Her first litter was 2 Siamese sable, blue, rew.

If I bred back her blue son to her what could I expect to get?

The Siamese Sable sire would have to carry the non-extension gene in order for him to be able to produce tort when bred to a "C" rabbit.

This breeding indicates that he doesn't carry the non-extension gene, but he would need to produce a few more litters out of torts to be pretty certain.

A tort x blue cross could produce any number of colors under the rainbow depending on what other genes they are carrying.

Pam

Back