Kismet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vet_Tech

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Roxann. Kismet is my 10.5# (4.8kg), New Zealand White. She is approximately 2 years old. Before she was Kismet she was just known as rabbit #52 (as you can see by the tattoo in her ear) at the laboratory where she was used for immunology studies. The day before her and three other rabbits were scheduled to be euthanized because they were no longer needed for the studies the vet tech program that I'm a student at pulled them.

I instantly fell in love with her because she reminded me of my rabbit Toby who lived to be ten years old. I've had four rabbits in that ten year span but its been four years since Toby went to the bridge. So after five weeks in the program all the critters were adopted out (we also had guinea pigs, rats and mice). Guinea pig #3 is now Ferb (I already have a piggie named Phineas :), Mice #7 and #8 are Elsa and Anna and Rabbit #52 is my sweet Kismet.

She was the most frightened rabbit in the program but she has adjusted to house rabbit life very quickly. My plan is to have her spayed and adopt a boyfriend for her. I hope to have many wonderful years with her. :hearts

1239532_780391238010_5993543484410099353_n.jpg

What a lovely girl. Look at that beautiful dewlap! It's so great that you're able to give her a loving, happy, safe home now. :)

She's lovely, has fab ears and a very regal dewlap. Lucky lady to be with you, she does look very settled now.

That's so nice of you to give her a good home:) she's beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Back