King Kirby's Rabbit Nation 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get such cute pictures. I can never get them in any pose like that as I´m on my own so it´s a bit difficult to tempt them with something and take a photo at the same time.
The trick is I actually take dozens of pics and statistically I have to get one good one out of so many, right? Lol! Though truth is, I bought a Nikon DSLR camera specifically to photograph my bunnies. I always found myself missing the special moments waiting for my point-n-shoot digital to power on and slowly auto-focus on my buns. Half the time the moment is gone, the other half of the time the picture is blurry. If I ever got a focused pic of Kirby, you'd never actually see his face because it's just a blotch of black according to the camera. My DSLR takes tons of pics back to back super quickly and the colors of their furry little faces come out a hundred times nicer.

The other tip I have is to always try to get down on the ground to photograph your buns. I go in full military crawl sometimes to get a nice shot. They come out way cuter at their face-level.

At Christmas, when my friend was here, I wanted to do a video of them eating banana as there´s always a friendly pushing to see who gets served first. Can you believe that when I sat on the floor with the banana in my hand, they wouldn´t come and eat it. Talk about savvy rabbits, definitely weren´t co-operating. But I love those of King Kirby with his little white mouth and Sir Toby, well I just love him.
The ones of Toby were tough. I had to stick my arm out to him and turn my camera sideways with my other hand to capture his whole body, plus hold it steady enough to focus lol. It's a maneuver, for sure! Toby often likes to come close to me when I hunker down on the ground to take his picture so often times I miss his poses. No way around it. I just have to surprise Toby! I have my camera always handy in the bunny room to catch him off guard.

And I *love* Kirby's little white lips too. I want to kiss them all the time but he never lets me :(

I had figured out getting closer to the ground is better as they´re more likely to come towards me or stand and stare. I missed two great shots today, i could myself but there´s always on the shot so I missed them. I actually read need to get a decent camera, I do take loads of shots,, have got more pics of my buns than anything else.

Kirby almost gave me a heartattack today. He climbed up the tote box with his hay in it, then from there hopped up onto the big trash can in the rabbit room. He was basically 3 ft off the ground, on top of a no-traction surface with no safe way to get back down. I went to try and pick him up and give him a soft landing but he refused. He pretty much kamikaze jumped down to the ground. :rollseyes Would rather fall to possible injury than be held by a slave. SIGH.

Oh my you DO get good pics don't feel bad Chris I'm not good at taking pics either ;) I love the one you got of kirbys tongue! I so want to catch a tongue or yawn picture. Or a stretch and yawn picture would be the BEST! But I'm never quick enough :)

The climbing and kamikaze jump, lol, yeah that is scary! Agnes used to be a climber too and gave me a heart attach on more than one occasion. One time she fell off the coffee table and landed on her side and stayed there! Let me tell you, my heart dropped but she was find thank goodness :)

I have just missed a yawn, I´d just taken another photo and with the delay I couldn´t get the one I wanted :eek:hwell:

Have just on mine about kamikaze Houdini, he fell off the chair which he was hanging on with his little front paws, one of these days he will do himself some serious harm but he´s just fearless that one.

^ I would like to take a picture of Ash yawning, I just can't get one, darn it.

Also funny you mentioned the Houdini thing. Ash tried to jump out of his exercise pen one night to get an apple, his paws were hanging on the edge and his feet were of the floor lol but he didn't make it. I still wish my camera was at hand that night, I think it would've been a funny pic.

Haha, what's up with the bunnies going all self-destruct mode?! Don't they know their lady slaves can't take that kind of excitement? :(

Sooo today, I was playing the very unpopular game "what's smelling funky today?" I found the towel that Penny has been lovin' lately smells pretty funky. So I reluctantly took it and washed it up. I am *so* beside myself when dealing with bunny fur off of garments and things now. Ever since moving, I've been psychotic about our septic system. Back when I lived in my apt in the city, we just had sewage plumbing so I really didn't care what went down the drain. But now that I have a septic tank, I am pretty paranoid. I took the towel and handwashed it in the sink that's in my laundry room. I strained out wads and wads of bunny fur from the towel. There was absolutely no way I'd put this towel in the washer! Not unless I want a plumbing issue or a new washing machine in a couple years, I think. Anyway, I got a lot of fur off and all the urine off the towel. I settled for putting the towel in the dryer because it was already clean. *sigh* I miss sewer systems...

Aaah, don't scare me with the fur in washing machines. Is that really bad?!? I'm always washing the buns blankets and tons of fur comes off. Great. Now I'm freaking out I'm gonna ruin my washer and dryer......! Lol.

OMG, I hope I don´t have those problems as well. I usually get all the straw and other bits but as there doesn´t look to be loads of fur, it just goes in....now you´ve got me worried.

I had a small single-load washer and dryer in my apartment and I was rather careless with the bunny items I put in there. I usually tried to get the big pieces of hay off but never bothered much with fur and stuff, just tossed it all in for a wash. For 4 years that I lived there my washer held up ok but it never was the same. I am willing to bet that in some of the turning points of the outgoing waste water pipes from the washer, there's probably some hay stuck in there. And you know how where the door connects with the drum, there's always a plastic thing that hugs the edge of the door? It has several folds usually. That space always had a bunch of wet hay and wet fur and after a couple loads of normal people-clothes, I'd still find some bunny stuff in there LOL So in the interest of not destroying my new washer and dryer in my new house, I'm taking extra precautions to not throw furry stuff in there as much as possible.

Besides all that, water that comes out of the washer ends up in the septic tank. Hay and fur will float and form a nasty gunk at the top of your tank or cesspool, and eventually it'll either start a septic backup (really nasty, I'm told, and very expensive to get rid of on an emergency basis) or it will diminish the effectiveness of the septic system. Now that, I really am afraid of!!!

Yuk, that sounds disgusting, you´ll have me rushing off now to check my washing machine...hope it´s gunk free but I will now be more careful and try and remove all the fur as well.

DSC_6395-1.jpg

DSC_6396-1-1.jpg

DSC_6393-1.jpg

DSC_6391-1.jpg

DSC_6398-1.jpg

:ph34r2

They are absolutely gorgeous. What a great thing for you to do although I´m not so sure that I´d be able to let them go when the time comes, they are so cute and I love those ears.

Can´t wait to see more of them :yes:

Latest posts

Back