kindling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyHasPaws

Reaction score
So no babies yet. I know that they mated late afternoon. If that's so, she should pop the morning of the 32nd day..right? Or if she hasn't popped by now she was never preggo?

I've heard some does can go 36 days. But after that, I think it's would be safe to say it's a false pregnancy.

Hoping those who have experience will chime in.

K

Our does kindle between 30-32 days. We had one wait til day 35, but thatonly happened once. I'd wait until after day 35 to give up on kits.

Fingers crossed. Sounds like she's getting ready. I think when she stops eating, she will be real close.

Please keep us posted!

K

So far I've been lucky and all mine have had their son the 31st day, usually in the mid-morning to early afternoon. I have 2 does that stopped eating before kindling, but the other ones ate right up until they had the babies. Good luck, and sending out good kindling vibes for Ms. Oreo. :)

I served her dinner and she chowed down. Took a little nap and woke up on a mission! She is building her nest now. She's almost about to run out of hay because she stuffed so much in there... should i give her more? I dont want to mess with her, she looks like she's in the mode lol.

Fingers crossed. Hoping for an easy birth and healthy kits. Gees I'm on pins and needles and she's not even mine. I'm going to be a mess when it's Luna's turn. lol

Keep us posted!

K

I loaded her up with more hay, I think she's done lol. I sat with her and just placed my hand lightly on her belly and you can feel the babies moving! If you stare you can see them too! I feel like her midwife lol..been coaching her and soothing..I'm bouncing in my seat :D

K, when do you plan to breed Luna? Anytime soon?

Look to have November babies. So Neville and Luna will start their "special dating" in October.

It must be so cool to feel the kits inside Oreo. Plus seeing them move. It must be real close.

K

It definitely sounds like she is ready! Our girls have tended towards giving birth during the night and the wee hours of the morning. I've been thinking about Oreo a lot lately too, and dearly hope that delivery goes smoothly and that the little ones will make their appearance before the end of the day! Lots of well wishes and prayers sent your way!

Thank you!

We have babies!!!!! I didnt want to mess with them too much... I counted a total of 4, one being DOA :( I think there are only 3 in there now but i'm not 100% positive as I didnt dig in there too much. The one she lost was the only one with broken colors, there are 2 pinks and one dark dark gray. SOOO CUTE! All of them are warm and fat! She is eating and drinking.. pooping and peeing! She has some blood on her bottom side, but not too much. When I let her out for her morning run she ran right over to Bugsy and just layed with him (through cages). I am sooo happy! How often can I hold/touch them? Once a day? More than that? I want them to be ok with human interaction but I dont want to disturb them or mommy.
I felt like a kid on Christmas morning! I was up and awake by 6:50am, soooo not like me. I sleep till at least 9 on the weekends!!

Congratulations on the kits! So sorry about the one that didn't make it. It happens.

So glad to hear Oreo is up and about. Sounds like she had a good experience.

I hear not to disturb them the first 24 hours. Just check real fast like you did. Let all settle. But then you can touch and inspect the kits once a day. As they get older, you can increase.

Can't wait to see pics!

K

Thanks K! Its an amazing experience. It was pretty sad being that was the first one I touched :( The other three look great though.

I was able to get a quick picture when I took my peek. My mom and sister in law have been following her pregnancy pretty close too, so it was only right I surprise them with a pic :)

070812091844.jpg

Is it safe to say this little one will be white? Pink = white, right?

I'm so very proud of my Oreo-mama!!! So happy for her :biggrin::biggrin:

If mom isn't close by check the whole box and make sure there isn't one stuck in a corner. They have a better chance of being fed (and not accidentally stepped on)if they're all together. Other than checking them each day you really don't need to do anything.

It sounds/looks like you got two REWs(red eyed white) or BEWs(blue eyed white) and possibly one blue

Congratulations!

Yay!! We are on a camping triP and I had to log on to see of she had her kits yet. That is so exciting. We should have ours by the end of this week to I hope. Can't wait to see more pics as they grow.

Latest posts

Back