Kind of upset? "Holland lop" is way bigger than should be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/2 sheet of actual plywood-not partical board- would surely be strong enough. my nestboxes are all made out of 1/2 plywood and with the full litter plus hay, hair and bedding and moisture(cause the babies gotta pee somewhere and I don't disturb the mother made nest until 10 days) that holds up even under litters of 8-10 dutch or New Zealand babies- and that's put together via finish nails or brads.
I love the NIC condo, that's very neat looking!!

I used to raise Hollands years ago and even with my tiny parents that were good show rabbits- I still had a few LARGER babies that hit 4-4.5 pounds and they were either brood stock or pets. A picture could be helpful!

If you know the size you want your plywood cut in to, you can have them cut it for you there, right in the store. Well, at least you can at Lowe's, and I think Home Depot is pretty much the same?

Hm really? I used zip ties, I have a picture somewhere but I didn't get very far, all I had done were the walls because it seemed very unstable (wobbly and such) but I am going to home depot today and am planning on getting a piece of plywood or some sort of stable wood that is 4' x 4.6'
I've decided to just go with an xpen which would have been bigger than my original NIC condo (not including levels because in that case the NIC condo would be much bigger in sq ft)
So just to be sure is 4.6x7' (feet) big enough for 2 medium sized rabbits? with a 4 foot shelf? - they will get play time outside this is just their cage when I am busy.

Also sorry for the late reply my rabbit chewed through my charger yesterday morning and it ended up dying around noon and I just went to best buy to purchase a new one today, 86$ just for a charger!!

Also does it matter what KIND of wood? As long as it's sturdy? Or does it HAVE to ply wood? I will have something over the top. Stick on tiles with maybe a rug or something for traction

Last edited:
ohhh, lol. yeah, if you didn't finish, that's why! it seems very unstable when you've just got it partially made... but the more you do, the better it gets. once you have ceilings/floors/shelves in there and some dowels for support, it goes from scary-wobbly to *very* sturdy.

Also sorry for the late reply my rabbit chewed through my charger yesterday morning and it ended up dying around noon and I just went to best buy to purchase a new one today, 86$ just for a charger!!

I feel your pain. Mischa is the troublemaker out of the pair -- She's chewed through 4 cords (microphone, microphone again, cell charger, and headphones). Don't go to Best Buy to get your stuff, though. They are twenty times overpriced.

Ha I figured, it's a shame I took it apart and returned every thing months ago... I would have appreciated a bunch now.

Ugh, sugar bunnies, I know! My female chewed through my ipod and iphone charger just a few days ago too! And then my mac charger just yesterday! So frustrated! I could have bought them a whole bunch of toys with that money - 140$ + tax! Sigh, there is no way I can purchase a new charger so I guess I'll have to be 10000x more careful than I was before! Really? I thought best buy was just normal? Sigh there's no other place to get replacement chargers that sell it for cheap though! Around here anyway

Back