Kind of an emergency. Goopy eye- may have gotten hay in/on it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
[align=center]We're going to the vet to get eye drops (antibiotics) and if it hasn't improved in 24 hours we are to take him to the vet. There's no openings currently.. anyway, here's some info:

Description (Breed, color, weight) Dutch, 4.2 lb (something like that)

Age 1 yr 4 months

Sex Male

Concise Summary of the Rabbit's Condition: His eye is goopy and the third eyelid (I think) is red and covering half of his eye. He doesn't like opening it and he tries to itch it when we take the cone off. The eyelashes on the top lid of his eye were IN his eye when I first checked. Under his eye is wet. We think hay may have poked it.

and here's a picture:
(it was like this after I went to school so it's not an on-going thing)

The stuff hanging in front of the eye is his eyelashes. The red is his third eyelid or whatever.
2011-02-09153208.jpg

He has started grinding his teeth loudly- it probably hurts. We gave him an eye-drop like Dr. Parks subscribed. He's eating pellets right now. His eye is closed.

Yield wrote:

[align=center]We're going to the vet to get eye drops (antibiotics) and if it hasn't improved in 24 hours we are to take him to the vet. There's no openings currently.. anyway, here's some info:

Age 1 yr 4 months

Sex Male

Concise Summary of the Rabbit's Condition: His eye is goopy and the third eyelid (I think) is red and covering half of his eye. He doesn't like opening it and he tries to itch it when we take the cone off. The eyelashes on the top lid of his eye were IN his eye when I first checked. Under his eye is wet. We think hay may have poked it.

and here's a picture:

The stuff hanging in front of the eye is his eyelashes. The red is his third eyelid or whatever.
2011-02-09153208.jpg

i agree,,this looks infected and very painful--the exotic dvm will take care of this/-the eye requires delicate examination for the cause/as you mention--hay/grasses??--hope all turns out well--sincerely james waller:pray:[/align]

james waller wrote:
Yield wrote:

Age 1 yr 4 months

Sex Male

and here's a picture:

2011-02-09153208.jpg

i agree,,this looks infected and very painful--the exotic dvm will take care of this/-the eye requires delicate examination for the cause/as you mention--hay/grasses??--hope all turns out well--sincerely james waller:pray:[/align]

[align=center]Thank you for responding!
In one night after one drop prescribed from the vet (she had no openings yesterday) it looks much better. If his eye looks not that much better by tonight, he'll be going in for a proper examination.

My poor boy, it's one thing after another with him =[

Latest posts

Back