Keiran's got a booboo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxMontanaxX

Reaction score
Keiran's got a booboo on his nose. It's like bald around it and it's red. It's small, and it's not bleeding or anything.
Should I put something on it? He let me touch around it but I gently touched it and he jerked, because I was trying to see if it was bigger behind his fur or anything.

Thanks.

Aww, poor little boy! What do you think happened? Is it an abscess or something? When Skyler had his lip ripped open by Big Bad Rory, the vet said to just keep it clean and let it heal. It's healed without problems (though you can still see a line where it was) and I didn't put anything on it.

i am just thinking but do you think he can be multing on his noes? i mean it can get red from the sun. if so you can go to your vet and get some lotion.

I'm honestly not sure what happened. It wouldn't be like Macey to bite him on the nose, or anywhere for that matter...so I don't know.

Here's a picture. Sorry it's hard to see, my camera can't focus worth crap, but it gives you an idea on how red it is.

bobour2.jpg

It dosent look to serious. My late rabbit got one a few years ago when her Husbun got scared and bit her nose (first reaction in the bunny world I guess), I just cleaned it out with warm salt water then cool water to try and sooth it and rubbed a bit of savlon cream in the but a bit of vaseline over it to protect it and it healed in 2 days.

Yes it looks like a little wee bite to me too - but it looks good overall, not irritated too badly. I am thinking it might have been a bug bite? Is it possible? I would just keep an eye on it - keep it clean. You could put a salve on it if you had something handy. I'm sure it will be O.k. though - it's not swollen right? it doesn't look it.

XxMontanaxX wrote:
Maybe Macey did bite him?  It's not like her though.

It could happen, maybe she just jumped about and into him and scared herself causing her to bite? The reason I think its a bite is because the fur is gone around it. Or maybe Macey over-groomed his nose?

Latest posts

Back