Keeping Warm

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollie

Reaction score
I don't want to get a heater for my bunnies, 1)because I can't afford one (it'll only be used a few months a year!)and 2) because I don't want the fire risk they pose, especially sinceI'm out of the house for most of the day.

So, I want to know if there's any alternative ways to keep the buns warm?

I was thinking of buying a big bale of straw for them to nestle into?They've already got hay down to eat which I know is also warming butthey won't sleep in it. They will eat straw too, won't they? Or nibbleon it at least?

I've noticed that some people have blankets in with their buns in thepics they've taken; are blankets a good idea? What type of material isgood?

I know it doesn't get as cold here as it does in some parts of theworld, but I'm feeling the cold and I know my girls are! Sometimes onan evening their little ears are freezing!

Hello

You should definitely give them straw. You can actually get hutchcovers which keeps the warm in and they are also water proof they justeasily slide on and off or if you are worried about them getting wetyou could cover the hutch with a tarp.

lorna

My babies are house-bunnies, so they won't getwet ;) It's too hot to keep rabbits outdoors here in the summer - thetemps get up to almost 50C in the hottest months, and that's with about90% humidity too. It's really not pleasant! Right now the temps are (Ithink) somewhere between about 15-20C, which I know won't be cold tosome people but for here it's freezing!

Towels are good, but you have to be carefulabout what materials you use don't use materials that are likely tofray. You should not worry to much, especially being if yours areindoors. Over here in englandmine are fine in thewinterout side with there staw!

I wouldnt worry about your rabbits being toocold indoors.many people in the United states and Canada keep thererabbits outside all the time.bluebird

Back