Keeping two brother litter mates??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieRenee33

Reaction score
Is there any problems with keeping 2 brothers from the same litter as buddies?? I have heard that male rabbits fight alot, will it be the same with them?? I will not be having any females around, unfortunately a wild bunny got into Willows cage, a couple nights ago, and she is possibly pregnant again. :cry1: So Dad said I have to give her to the same Man who is taking the babies. but I can still keep a baby( or two if I can keep two males together). With this wild male around i dont know that I want to keep a Female.

any help and advice?

Yes there is a high chance that they would fight, I wouldn't recommend keeping one if you aren't going to be able to provide a separate cage if they don't get along. It's quite sad that your dad is making you give Willow away, could you not get an emergency spay? Make sure you tell the person you are giving her to that she is pregnant with half wild babies.

irishbunny wrote:
Yes there is a high chance that they would fight, I wouldn't recommend keeping one if you aren't going to be able to provide a separate cage if they don't get along. It's quite sad that your dad is making you give Willow away, could you not get an emergency spay? Make sure you tell the person you are giving her to that she is pregnant with half wild babies.
No he wont "spend money on the rabbits" so a spay is out of the question :tears2: I really hate to let her go, but right now i think its best that I keep one male and raise it from this age.

And the "wild" rabbit isnt a cottentail, hes a demestic breed (black and white) but up the road they have tons of rabbits that they let run wild and I think he came down from up there.

A lot of the answer depends upon the breed of the rabbit and the temperament. I currently have some bucks living together that are brothers (lionheads) and they do quite well. I have had Netherland Dwarf bucks that wanted to kill each other - even after being neutered.

But right now I have six intact lionhead bucks living together - three of which are 11 week old brothers (we're waiting to see how aggressive they get...so far...a bit of dominance but no real fighting or anything).

By the way - they are "free-roaming" in my daughter's room with lots of places to hide...so I think that adds to the fact that they get along so well.

Latest posts

Back