Keeping the back teeth worn down...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kipcha

Reaction score
Buttercup, our recent rescue, has a problem with her front teeth overgrowing, as seen here before her trim...

221972_2063180899589_1246719002_32572095_2597493_n.jpg

For now, we have this under control with teeth trimmings and such and she has been keeping a good weight (We're actually trying to get her to lose some as I think she was too heavy when we got her, from the dog food she was being fed I'm assuming) so the front teeth aren't a problem and at the moment, the back teeth aren't either.

However, I do want to try to take some preventative measures and keep them from becoming a problem, so what can we feed her to keep them short and proper? I've heard Kale is good for grinding their teeth since it is rougher, is this true? She also ALWAYS had an enormous pile of timothy hay in her cage, so that is also already being done. Luckily, the prefers the harder stalks to the smaller, leafier pieces so I'm guessing that will help with keeping her grinding as well.

Any help/advice is highly appreciated!

Yeah, that's really all I've heard too *Sigh*. There really isn't a lot of information on preventing problems, it's more on just what to do when it finally happens.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though!

Latest posts

Back