Keeping Cool

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rescuemom

Reaction score
All week, our weather has been extremely hot. Or perhaps I'm just feeling it twice as bad, with a baby in my belly, but regardless...

This heat alone has done in my senior hamster, sadly... And I'm TRYING to prevent it from harming any of my other fur-babies. My scaley-babies are loving it, on the other hand.

So... What can I do to keep my bunny cool, or to help him cool off or regulate his own temperature better during these extreme heat spells? He's in one of the coolest possible spots in the house, NOT in the sun at all, but what more can I do for him?

He's litterbox trained, and his cage has an empty, hard plastic bottom, so it's cooler than if he had bedding in there... But what else? I'm making sure he has fresh water as well, and have even been giving him a bowl of water when I normally only leave him with a bottle, so he has even better access to consistent water.

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

Theres the usual frozen water bottle and what not. But offer him a ceramic/marble tile to lay on in his area as well. And you can always plop ice cubes in the water bowl for entertainment and to keep the water cooler.

its very hot here in MA too! well over 90 today and doesn't cool down at night its 10:20 and still 85 out! like everyone else said a frozen water bottle is great shes on her 3rd one today she also likes ice in her bowl I didn't think about freezing the carrots that's great!

90% humidity 100* seven days straight making flood clean up even more enjoyable. I can cool them down with frozen bottles, clay pots, and tile can't keep their cages dry.Clean them out when I get home from work put straw, saw dust pellets, newspaper what every else I have left. Two hours later cages are soaked from bottles sweating or they've played in the water dishes. Gone threw container of de earth for bug order control. How are you keeping your critters dry?

Latest posts

Back