Kaytee Timothy Complete

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Kaytee has once again changed their formulation for their Timothy Complete.....

AND MY BUNS WON'T TOUCH IT!!!!

Why do companies feel there's a need to change things that are not in need of change??

I'm now on the search for a new feed.

Straight up alfalfa pellts have too much protien for a couple of my buns.
Hopefully I can find a timothy or timothy/alfafa blend that they'll approve of.

We're new to rabbit, but we searched that Kaytee is not so good for rabbits? We fed Kaytee to our rabbit at the beginning (because the shop we bought the rabbit told us) but we change to Oxbow since we noticed that (by searching the opinions over the net). And our rabbit like it til now.

Glad to know we've made a good choice :)

Yes I know some rabbits may get used to a specific brand, as we have seen some rabbits feeding on various brands and grow healthily. It's just a matter of taste for the rabbit probably :biggrin:

I tried Oxbow and the buns wouldn't go for it.

Most of the Kaytee products are marginal at best. A lot of them have those "Lucky Charms" crud in them. I steer clear of them.

A couple of the products are good.
I've used their Timothy Complete for almost 7 years and have been very happy with it. All you have to do is look at my rabbits to see that it's good for them.
Kaytee Supreme is an okay alfalfa pellet. It's another product that I've used for several years.

I picked up a small bag of the Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health . It's a timothy/alfalfa blend.....low protein/ high fiber.

Paws crossed!!

I use Oxbow for bunnies but will switch to oxbow for adults in a couple months. I'm ok if they don't like it, they get the majority of their vitamins from their salads at night anyway.

I love Martins Little Friends. The adult formula is timothy based. Acacia LOVED it!! So much in fact that when I switched her to Oxbow T/basics she refused to eat it and during the transition she only ate the Martins ball shaped pellets and left the longer oxbow ones. Eventually the martins ran out and now she only has oxbow..

Those are the only 2 kkinds I will feed.. However, the oxbow seems to increase Acacia's thirst. . Gonna have to switch back I think.

Two of my buns are eating the new Kaytee, but the other 3 won't have anything to do with it.

Brindle is having the hardest time due to her sensitivity to protein.
She won't eat the new Kaytee.
Anything above 14% and her poops start to get soft/runny....and she overproduces cecals that are also overly sofy/runny.
She LOVEs alfalfa pellets......but they don't love her. :(

And Houdini, my new foster bun,will eat ANYTHING.....such a good bunny.

I noticed that my pet shop had the Martins/L&M feeds. ........next on the list.

I used to use Purina. Used it for the first couple of years. Never had any problems.
I only switched to timothy pellets because the general opinion was that it was better for them.
I kind of wish I had never switched over now.

I think if I could find something that Brindle will eat without adverse effects, the other buns would probably eat it, too.

Oh wella!
"The games afoot!!"

I'll endorse the Martin's too. Gus has been on it for pretty well all the time we've had him. I switched him for a few months last year, because I thought maybe the Martin's was making him shed, but I now think it's because he's overweight. He sheds no matter what he eats... :p

Hope that helps!

Rue

I've been feeding Timothy complete for about a year now. When I bought a couple more bags recently I noticed that it changed, so I mixed it in with what I had left of the "old" formula. So far, so good! She cleans her dish every time I fill it. She's always been a little piggy, though :)

I switched back to Purina Complete in the green bag.

Everybun is eating it.....EXCEPT BENJI.
He ate the first couple of bowls and then stopped.....the little turd.:grumpy:

He eats all of his oats, sunflower seeds, dried papaya, and his timothy hay.........but only a small amount of the pellets.

I'm going on a business trip this week and MrsD will be looking after the buns for a few days.
I don't have time to pick up more pellets......and I'm not sure there's too many brands left to try.
I told her to just keep giving him the Purina and maybe he'll start eating them once he figures out that's all he's going to get.

I'm sure he'll be okay and that we'll get this all worked out.
But geez....how FRUSTRATING! :pullhair:

Back