Kaytee Timothy Complete

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Kaytee Timothy Complete is the food Phinn is fedon. Here is a the ingredients and nutritional facts. Is ithealthy enough? Besides that he has unlimited timothy hay, and water(duhh) and around 1-2 cups of fresh, organic veggies everyevening:bunnydance:

Ingredients
Sun-cured Timothy Grass Hay, Oat Hulls, Wheat Middlings, DehulledSoybean Meal, Ground Wheat, Ground Oats, Dried Cane Molasses, Salt,Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamin ASupplement, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Carbonate, Manganous Oxide, ZincOxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin ESupplement, Copper Sulfate, Ethoxyquin (a preservative), Niacin,Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of vitamin K activity),Cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), Calcium Pantothenate,Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Iodate, Biotin,Folic Acid, Dried A. oryzae Fermentation Extract (source of protease),Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Dried Bacilluslicheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilisFermentation Product, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min.)...............13.0%
Crude Fat (min.)......................1.5%
Crude Fiber (min.)..................18.0%
Crude Fiber (max.).................23.0%
Moisture (max.).....................12.0%
Calcium (min.).........................0.3%
Calcium (max.)........................0.8%
Phosphorus (min.)...................0.3%
Salt (min.).............................0.25%
Salt (max.)............................0.75%
Vitamin A (min.)................5000IU/lb

Silvie&Phinn

Anything thats Timothy based is good. Probablythe only one better than Timothy Complete is Oxbow's Timothy pellets,but those are more expensive and difficult to get in some areas.

If you guys don't mind me adding another question to this thread.....

My guy loves fresh timothy hay.....he just scarfs it and that makes me very happy.

If I switch him to timothy hay based pellets will he eat less loose hay?

Nope, he will still eat lots of hay:)If you do something like increase or decrease the amount ofpellets he gets it will increase/decrease his hay intake, but changingpellets shouldnt really change things much.

PS. make sure if you change pellets you do it gradually over a few weeks.

My girls eat Kaytee Timothy Complete and LOVE it. It's a great price, for a good, healthy food.

And I find that they actually are eating MORE hay now that they've been on it, rather than the opposite. :)

So...no worries...you're on the right track there! :D:D

All my buns eat Timothy Complete and they loveit. I've compared a lot of brands and Kaytee's seem to have alot of thegood and a minimal of the bad.

Wallace

Ive never used Oxbow because none of the storesaround here carry it, but I was just looking at their website and itscheaper even with the shipping!

Kaytee is 14.99 for 10 lbs= $1.49 a pound

Oxbow is about 50.00 (w/ shipping) for 50 lbs=$1.00 per pound.

I think I just may switch.

My bunny eats that kind of food too :) She seems to like it fine, I switched her to it from an alfalfa-based pellet.

Alrigth guys thanks alot!:cool:

Johncdn-- I would be careful about making a big change in pellets allof a sudden, it should be done over a gradual period of time to notupset the bunnies tummies.

Silvie&Phinn

Latest posts

Back