Just wanted to share some Mini Lop Pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
You may remember my excitement over a 4 hour one way drive I was going to make to Ill. to meet a Mini lop breeder and pick up some new stock. Well I have them home now, and finally have some pictures of them. None of them are perfect, but the breeder was honest with me about their strengths and weaknesses, and I definitely improved over what I had before (as some of you may remember). The pedigrees on these guys are amazing, parents, grandparents and great grand parents with anywhere from 3 to 15 legs! Many are grand champions.
The breeder was amazing, so helpful, showed me a lot while I was there and I am in awe of their set up. With close to 100 rabbits they still know their rabbits, They could rattle off ear numbers like I know the names of mine. They know their rabbits, both the good and the bad of them all. Their rabbitry was very clean, all the rabbits very well cared for, it made me feel good knowing my rabbits where coming from them.

My favorite is Schmidt's CT16. He is a broken smoke pearl buck. We named him Dixon after Dixon Ill. Where we spent the night after picking up the rabbits. He has an amazing crown, and a really nice round body, and wide head. It is hard to see how good his body is in these pictures, because as soon as I would get him posed and pick up the camera he would move to see what I was doing. I could just carry this rabbit around all the time, and I don't think he would mind one bit. He has been shown twice before I got him, placing 4 out of 10 at the Peoria show on the 19th. I will be showing him this Sunday (the 4th) at Maquoketa IA.
SchmidtsCT16front.jpg

SchmidtsCT16butt.jpg

SchmidtsCT16side.jpg

This one shows his color, not his conformation as he is moving in the picture
SchmidtsCT16sideNotposed.jpg

AK Woehl's KA483 is the other buck I got. He is also a real charmer. He is a young guy. Born at the end of November. He is a broken blue chinchilla buck. He is little still, but has a nice crown that sits on top of his head, and I think he has a nice round body, though he needs to fill out a bit. I think I will be taking him to show at Maquoketa on the 4th.
AKWOEHLSKA483front.jpg

AKWOEHLSKA483.jpg

He is pulling back in this one, but its the best side picture I have of him.
AKWOEHLSKA483side.jpg

My favorite of the three does is AK Woehl's Ka 384. She is a broken black doe, that although doesn't have the high amazing crown of the bucks has an amazing body. She is a nice doe and set up nice all on her own for her pictures. The breeder let me choose a buck to breed her to and I picked Schmidt's SM4. A chestnut agouti buck with an amazing crown, head and body.( he also has 8 legs)
AKWOEHLSKA384.jpg

AKWOEHLSKA284butt.jpg

AKWOEHLSKA384frontnotposed.jpg

AKWOEHLSKA384front.jpg

I am also really liking Schmidt's CT10. Born 9-5-11She is a gold tipped steel with a awesome head and crown, she is a bit lacking in her hips (not sure how she explained it to me, but I am sure you can tell in the pictures, she tucks in a bit where it would otherwise be fuller) She was my extra purchase I had not planned to get her, but when I saw her I changed my mind. She has also been shown and took 2 out of 12 at the Peoria show. They also let me pick a buck to breed her to. I picked Schmidt's C22 a nice broken chinchilla buck with a really nice body.
SchmidtsCT10side.jpg

SchmidtsCT10otherside.jpg

SchmidtsCT10front.jpg

My favorite color is Opal. That is why I like Schmidt's CT7. Born 9-22-11. She is a "corner sitter" as her breeder calls her. She will make you reach all the way in to get a hold of her, doesn't come up to the door like the others, but once you get her out she will let you do whatever you want to her. She has a wide head, a good body. I almost passed on her because of her crown, but I looked at her parents, and grand parents and they all have an amazing crown so I went for it. I will be showing her at Maquoketa on the 4th, if I can get her shedding under control by then.
SchmidtsCT7side.jpg

SchmidtsCT7top.jpg

SchmidtsCT7back.jpg

SchmidtsCT7front.jpg

The last doe I got is a young REW. She is a really nice looking doe for only being about 8 weeks old. She was born on December 27th, and they gave her to me, as they felt it was to early to tell how good she would be, she said if I wanted her I could have her. They kept her full sister ( ended up with 5 REW in one litter!) Only REW in pedigree is a great grand parent!
SchmidtsCX1twomonthsold-3.jpg

SchmidtsCX1twomonthsold-2.jpg

Let me know what you think. I am so excited for the show this weekend, and for the babies due on March22nd, of course these will both be first time moms, so I am trying to to get to excited.

I know very little about breeding, but they are certainly very cute and want to snorgle their faces <3

Good luck and make sure to keep us posted with the show and the babies!

Some of them look a little over posed but i think you have some nice mini lops :)

Is the baby pinched or is that just the way shes sitting?

Sorry, wish I could be more helpful regarding showing, but have to say, really impressive rabbits. Beautiful coloring.

Please keep us posted on how you do at the show.

K :)

I think the REW needs to grow a bit, The rest are quite a bit nicer than your past stock.

I don't think the REW is pinched its just the way she is sitting. she didn't pose very good, seems they are so much easier to get to pose when the camera isn't out. CCWelch I am bringing my camera along perhaps with some help we can both get some nicely posed pictures of our rabbits (at least the ones we are taking to the show)So hard to pose them and take the picture both.

Latest posts

Back