Just so angry!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying them wouldn't have helped and it just would have encouraged the store to get more bunnies. I hope the shelter does something. In cases where the bunnies are that neglected it would almost be better if they were snake food or set free and eaten by a predator (Hears bunny lovers shriek at comment) at least as food they'd be helping feed another animal and they would be suffer and they'd have a better chance at surviving in the wild then being caged with not option to get food or water. I almost feel sorry for the kid though running a store by himself and having to deal with an angry customer. Someone older should have been keeping track of the animals. Saying the rabbits needed to be bony is sheer idiocy though.

Alek wrote:
In cases where the bunnies are that neglected it would almost be better if they were snake food or set free and eaten by a predator (Hears bunny lovers shriek at comment) at least as food they'd be helping feed another animal and they would be suffer and they'd have a better chance at surviving in the wild then being caged with not option to get food or water.
Thankfully you added "almost" before stating that because I felt my blood pressure rise. ;)

[/quote]
>>Thankfully you added "almost" before stating that because I felt my blood pressure rise. ;)<<
[/quote]

I thought more people might have an issue with my statement. I've cared for rabbits as pets and also had to feed rabbits as food so I can appreciate the circle of life. Seeing an animal suffer because of humans is disgusting to me. If it's going to die, I'd rather see the animal be food for another creature.
We have a problem with cat hoarders in Iowa so much so even the animal shelters have started making statements of advising people not to capture and house wild cats because they can care for themselves better then being in a house with 50 other cats. They hated making the statement but the cat hoarding was becoming so bad and hoarders weren't taking captured cats to the shelter like they were supposed to. (I think I went off topic):biggrin2:

PICKET!!! PICKET!!! That is what I would have done. Detour people from purchasing the rabbits and have them removed hauled away to a rescue. Not many stores like to carry pets for sale that get picketed every time they have them. I am very good at becoming a pain the the you know what when it comes to animals being treated poorly.

I agree about the food chain. I would much rather see an animal feed another than letting them sit in a cage dying from starvation. So sad!

Latest posts

Back