Just need to chat a bit...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I still get very teary when I visit the rainbow bridge and read about Raisin. He's been gone for a month and a half now and I miss him so much.

I am thinking about getting a new baby and am going to have a look on the 8th of June. It's quite a coincidence that it's exactly 2 months after Raisin has left for the Rainbow Bridge (8 April). We are going to a festival in the same area as where the breeder is that I would like to buy my new bunny from (3 hrs from my home and it was planned a year in advance). Maybe he wants me to do it this way as I am missing him so much.

I thought in honour of him I will get another boy and call him Peanut, as Peanuts & Raisins goes together ;-) and I think it will make him happy to know that I am not alone anymore.

Thanks for letting me talk, not everyone understands what it is to loose your best furry friend.

Raisin's mom

:hug:Talk all you need. We all understand.

We never stop missing those we had the privilege to love in this life. I think another bunny would be a great tribute to Raisin...and the idea of naming him Peanut is sweet.

Perhaps if you look for a bun having that name in mind...the perfect Peanut will win your heart and you'll know who is meant to share your home.

Yes the rainbow bridge ALWAYS makes me teary eyed if not just downright makes me cry -and I haven't even lost a bun yet (a few kitties in my life..); I bet, that when you go to look for a bun, Raisin will be there w/youdirecting you to the right one...

Love the namePeanut too.. Good luck and hope your heartmendssoon.

I totally understand where you're coming from. When I lost Angel, it was awful for months. The pain just wouldn't go away. Finally, it started to subside little by little. I think it's great that you are thinking of a new bun. I have yet to do that and it's been almost7 months:?. Peanut is a great name!

We are here to listen, so please, if you need to, chat away:hug:.

I think I should move this to the reg forum though, not really a blog. If you would like to turn this into a blog, no problem, we can move it back:).

I'll send you a pm as well.;)

I completely understand how you're feeling and am so sad for you about Raisin :( I hope you can find a new bunny friend! My darling Cinnabun died six years (and a week, to be exact!) ago, and I still miss him a lot. My new boy Mylo flew home on what would have been Cinnabun's 13th birthday, can't help but think he was guarding over Mylo. And I can't help but think he led me to Rory back in October, I saw Rory on Petfinder one day by chance and immediately felt a kinship with him. I decided to adopt him only after holding him at the animal shelter for about 10 seconds! So, I basically knew nothing about Rory's personality or anything, but he is SUCH a darling bunny and so wonderful that I can't help but think Cinnabun helped bring the perfect bunny to my attention.

Also, I think naming your new bunny Peanut would be perfect. I plan to name a future bunny Binny in honor of Cinny, shortly after he died I dreamed a friend gave him back to me but with the new name of Binny. Binny will be short for Bunjamin if a boy or Robin if a girl.

I lost Muffy 5 months ago, and the pain is still just as hurtful as the day I lost her. I can't even bring myself to look at her Rainbow Bridge thread nor my first blog. I understand how painful it is =[ I got Labrador a friend, just a friend, to help him deal with her loss. Precious helped me immensly with the loss of Muffy, and I'm glad to have her.

PixieStixxxx wrote:
I lost Muffy 5 months ago, and the pain is still just as hurtful as the day I lost her. I can't even bring myself to look at her Rainbow Bridge thread nor my first blog. I understand how painful it is =[ I got Labrador a friend, just a friend, to help him deal with her loss. Precious helped me immensly with the loss of Muffy, and I'm glad to have her.
Pixxie, that just wants to make me cry. AWWW. Hugs to you hon, I know how it hurts. I'm so glad that you now have another bun to love like you loved Muffy, that has to help:).

I'm so sorry, I know it is so very hard. My heart goes out to you, we've all been there and many of us still are.

I hope everything goes well with Peanut. I never think our bridge animals want us to not have anymore. We often think after we loose a critter that we can't do it again, and while it is so very hard everytime, what would our lives be like without them? I couldn't imagine.

Hugs to you. Please keep us updated and we are all here for you. :hug:

Your peanut is out there for you :)Hugs to you your heart bun is always hard to not replace because that is the wrong word more that you are ready to let a nother bun into your heart and share your life with.:hug2:

Aww don't worry, it's totally normal to feel like this. We all understand.:)I think it's a tribute to how much you love Raisin that you misshim so much. I know that Ruby died 9 months ago and I still miss her more than I thought was possible. I actually just recently had a big cry over her because Iknow in my heart that Millie isn't the same bunny that she was when Ruby was aliveandI know that she needs Ruby back so much.:(

All I can say is only you'll know when is the right time to get a new bunny, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.:):hug:

Anyone here will understand you missing Raisin. Choosing another rabbitand giving it a name that links with his is lovely.

When you see the new rabbit who is meant to be yours, I think you will know.

Jo x

Latest posts

Back