Just in Case You Thought Night of the Lepus Was a Joke!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
http://www.grendel.org/hunter/db/bunspree.html

actual article in the Central Maine Morning Sentinal from 12 July, 1997:

[line]

• RABBIT NABBED AFTER ATTACK SPREE
    ASHLAND, Mass (no souce creditted)-- Snowball, a pet rabbit thatescaped from its cage and terrorized this Boston Suburb for two weeks,was back behind bars Friday and facing execution for a rabies test.

"Society is save again," Ashland Police Officer William Foster said.The cwazy wabbit stalked the neighborhood, attacking three adults and a2-year-old child.

But the bunny was nabbed Friday by one of its victims, a 76-year-oldman who caught it in a long handled net he and his grandson use forfishing.

Diana Morrison, who was scratched by the rabbit and whose husband andyoung daughter also were attacked, said she was upset that the rabbitwould be killed so that a sample of its brain tissue could be testedfor rabies.

[line]

I've been unable to locate any follow-up to this article and whether ornot Snowball had to pay the ultimate price for his or hertransgressions upon humanity.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
http://www.grendel.org/hunter/db/bunspree.html

actual article in the Central Maine Morning Sentinal from 12 July, 1997:

[line]

• RABBIT NABBED AFTER ATTACK SPREE
    ASHLAND, Mass (no souce creditted)-- Snowball, a pet rabbit thatescaped from its cage and terrorized this Boston Suburb for two weeks,was back behind bars Friday and facing execution for a rabies test.

"Society is save again," Ashland Police Officer William Foster said.The cwazy wabbit stalked the neighborhood, attacking three adults and a2-year-old child.

But the bunny was nabbed Friday by one of its victims, a76-year-old man who caught it in a long handled net he andhis grandson use for fishing.

Diana Morrison, who was scratched by the rabbit and whose husband andyoung daughter also were attacked, said she was upset that the rabbitwould be killed so that a sample of its brain tissue could be testedfor rabies.
[line]

I've been unable to locate any follow-up to this article and whether ornot Snowball had to pay the ultimate price for his or hertransgressions upon humanity.

Buck
I've highlighted the part I find a bit"fishy"....Does that sound familiar to any of you?As Irecall, that's exactly how our own beloved Buck Jones catches his freeranging buns...Buck will do anything to get into the news with thatdarn movie...

Raspberry

bunsforlife wrote:
Hmm... I coulda sworn I had a couple of vets tell me thatrabbits cannot contract rabies...

but then again, my brain is fried atm.
Yeah, I thought the same thing, too, but that doesn't mean the "general" population would know that.

Buck

I knew it could happen. It was only a matter of time!

-Carolyn

good point Buck.

I am sure if it really WAS a concern, then vets would encourage outdoor buns to get a rabies shot.

When I had Fluff, the squirrels used to tease him and I asked his vetif I had to worry about him getting rabies and the vet said rabbitscant get it.

Interesting tho.

Poor bun doesnt deserve the death sentance tho!

Latest posts

Back