just don't know what to do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enslaved

Reaction score
My little one finally got spayed. It went prettywell... But she just won't forgive me for all the vet trips and all theantibiotic treatments!!... I just don't know what to do.. shes soo madat me.. I try everything.. When I let her out she will not approach meunless I'm lieing down on the floor. Shes scard of my hand.. she justthinks I'm going to give her medicine.. I was wondering if there isanything I can do to regain her trust again.. Also my vet gave mebetryl as her antibiotic this time... They gave me a huge bottle, buther dosage is only small. And they made me pay quite a bit..I'm going to have quite a bit left when shes done her treatment thistime... I was wondering if by putting it in the fridge if that wouldkeep it good, so I could use it again if her pasteurella comes back (ofcourse with my vets recomendiation). Any advice would be great!!Thanks!!

how long has it been since you got her spayedlyla was thew same way for a day or too its best just to let them be ilet her out the day after ad brought upstairs on my bed and she justrelaxed it was good for her she just stayed their and i layed with herand she slowly came around she just doesnt feel good

sara

It has been atleast 2 days now... But she is alsomad because of all her other vet trips,hersurgery,aswell as antibiotic treatments.

When my bunny was on Baytril we had to keep it inthe refrigerator. I'm not sure how how long it will keep inthere though.

How do you give your bunny the Baytril? I found that it worksreally well if you put it on little pieces of romaine lettuce and rollit up...my little guy eats it right up. I've tried just usinga syringe and it was pratically impossible.

I give mix in her Batryl in something differenteverynite.. Sometimes yogurt or pineapple juice.. What was your rabbitsdosage... I thought that my rabbits dosage was a little small comparedto her previous dosages.

enslaved wrote:
Igive mix in her Batryl in something different everynite.. Sometimesyogurt or pineapple juice.. What was your rabbits dosage... I thoughtthat my rabbits dosage was a little small compared to her previousdosages.
He took 0.25 ml once a day for 14 days. How much does your Rabbit take?

Baytril is so exspensive...a 1/2 oz cost about $35. How much Baytril did your Vet give you?

She is takeing .5ml twice a day. Her otherantibiotics she was taking about 4ml a day. I'm not sure how muchitis.. but I payed $45 just for a little bottle which I'm notgoing to use even half of!!!

enslaved wrote:
She is takeing .5ml twice a day. Her other antibiotics shewas taking about 4ml a day. I'm not sure how much itis.. butI payed $45 just for a little bottle which I'm not going to use evenhalf of!!!
I still have the bottle in my fridge. It would be a waste to throw it away :?

How long has your rabbit been on baytril? How is she doing?

She has only been on Batryl for a few days now.Shes doing pretty good. She does very well with antibiotics. She justhas to take them to make sure that her pasteurella does not make aappearance because of her being spayed a few days ago.

enslaved wrote:
She has only been on Batryl for a few days now. Shes doingpretty good. She does very well with antibiotics. She just has to takethem to make sure that her pasteurella does not make a appearancebecause of her being spayed a few days ago.
I'm glad that she is doing okay ;)

I'd say give her time to "settle"

I cannot offer you advice as I have not been in your position , however I can imagine how you must feel.

I don't know but if it were me I'd just go veryslowly with her to regain her trust again and try to have her associateany form of contact with you with something positive.

It must be so hard for you when you've been through so much to have her think of you as a baddie.

I'm really glad you got her pasteurella under control and could have her spayed, I hope she continues to recover :D.

Kate

I'm sure that in time she will settle down. Lotsof extra love. Treats are a good way to make friends and to let herknow that that hand coming at her might have a craisin in it. ;)

I would think that going through the motions of giving meds or making avet visit without actually doing it might get her used to the idea thatdoing these things do not necessarily mean getting meds or going to thevet.

Getting our buns in the pet carrier can be a job. Now I just leave itin their room with the carrier door open so they can go in and out ofit as they please. They get used to it and don't flip out as much whenthey have to travel in it. They consider it part of their furniture or"playground equipment".

I truly believe that buns can hold a grudge, but I also believe thatthey can get over it, too. Our Benji and I had a falling out not thatlong ago. I really have spent a lot of time getting back on his "goodside" and it has finally paid off.

:~) Jim

After Lenci's spay I got one tablet (not sure ofthe dose) of Baytril to cut in four and give to her for fourdays. She DID NOT like the stuff at all. I ended upputting it in NutriCal in order to get her to take it.

Thanks for the advice.. I really do try to makeeverything positive with her.. I've bin sitting there patting hertalking to her giving her reasurance of what a good bun she is and howtuff she is.. That seems to be working a bit.. I guess I just have togive this kind of situation time.. and hopefully one day she willfogive me..

Latest posts

Back