Just curious whats the difference between a Checkered Giant and an English spot ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinebunnies1

Reaction score
I have a beautiful rabbit - Landy - a one year old female -I am just curious as to what breed she might be. She weighs 9.5 lbs - looks like a jack rabbit - very long ears - long lean body - beautiful brown eyes - grey patches and spots on a white background circle around eyes and butterly pattern on nose. So what do you guys think? I guess I should have a picture but I dont know how to do it - maybe my little boy can show me - he loves technology and I am just so backward.

English Spots are between 6 and 8 pounds while Checkered Giants are about 11 pounds and up.

There are other breeds that can have a similar pattern and they can come in all sizes. The jack rabbit look does suggest an arched breed, which both English Spots and Checkered Giants are.

As for posting pictures, you can upload them onto a site that hosts pictures (like Photobucket or even facebook). You then need the image link (right click on the photo and it is an option). When you look at the top of the reply area, there are icons and one looks like a piece of paper (2nd from the right top row), this does the coding and you just paste the image link and the picture will show up. Some websites like photobucket have codes so you can just copy and paste that to get the picture to show up. Use the preview button to check that it is showing correctly before posting.

Back