Just bought an entire bale.... How to store it?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
I just purchased a bale of Bermuda grass hay. It was much cheaper for me to buy a bale than to continue buying small bags of store bought hay. I did this before for my previous rabbits and the hay lasted us for a while. I want to make sure I a storing this new bale properly though so that I can use most of it instead of worrying that it has gone bad. How should a big bale be stored?

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

You have to make sure it is somewhere dry, there can be absolutely no moisture.

What we do is just store it in a big Rubbermaid tin and leave the top off so the hay can breathe.

Great. The no moisture should be easy, weave in the desert. :) I have a huge Rubbermaid container that will hold it nicely I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

I have a big rubbermaid storage bin that I put my hay in, I will be refilling mine before the frost. We have a hay field so I use that hay for now ;-) Keep it in a dry place and do not fully enclose it

When I used to buy bales, I would store them in Rubbermaid bins or buy a new garbage can with a lid and put it in there.

Store it in a tote or a garbage can, something that keeps critters out, and that doesn't hold moisture

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back