Just asking for positive thoughts/prayers....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonyshuman wrote:
I think a pellet-free, high hay diet would be fine. Randy does it with several of his resident bunnies, I know.

Shhhh...Don't say as much too loudly; there are people out there who'd flay anyone alive for suggesting such a thing. ;)

In all seriousness,Zoe's digestive system was humming along on hay (timothy, occasionally someorchard grass and oat), 2 tsp. of pellets and about 1/4 C. of flat-leaf parsley.

I'm so trigger-happy with regards to her gut, I took four months to get her to eating those small amounts of pellets and parsley. But, boy, were her fecals nearly perfect. It's a bittersweet thought, now....I just hope that I can calm her gut enough to get it back to that point--and improved, even. I'd like to see hereating a minimum of 1 Tbsp. (i.e., 3 tsp.) of pellets daily, if possible, to make up for what her body can't tolerate in the form of greens. I'd also like to get her back on some herbs (peppermint, parsley, cilantro), even if in the form of a treat (tiny amounts) only.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
Sending healing prayers out to Zoe, and prayers for patience and peace for you. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of this.:pray:

Thank you for the additional healing prayers.

I really should also ask for prayers to convert Zoe's mindset: from that of a chew-happy, eat-everything bun, to one who entertains herselfwithout ingesting every inedible item on the planet. I swear, her behavior makes me feel, well, :twitch:.

Jenk wrote:
pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
Sending healing prayers out to Zoe, and prayers for patience and peace for you. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of this.:pray:

Thank you for the additional healing prayers.

I really should also ask for prayers to convert Zoe's mindset: from that of a chew-happy, eat-everything bun, to one who entertains herselfwithout ingesting every inedible item on the planet. I swear, her behavior makes me feel, well, :twitch:.

:pray:For getting better.

:twitch:<-- Me because of Elvis

JadeIcing wrote:
:pray:For getting better.

Thank you. :hug:
:twitch:<-- Me because of Elvis.

Does he eat every inedible thing in sight, too? Goodness, it wouldn't be half as bad if Zoe's gut could at least pass things through without enteritis/gas/stasis/etc. each time.

Latest posts

Back