Just arrived home and

Discussion in 'General Rabbit Discussion' started by hummer, May 28, 2006.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. May 28, 2006 #1

hummer

hummer

hummer

We left for 3 weeks in Holland on the the 6thand I am pretty sure she died the following weekend. Myneighbor was taking care of her with her mom's help and I know they didnothing wrong. They said that she was eating and pooping andall that so I am at a complete loss. It was very sad to comehome and see her cage all cleaned out and her not there.:tears2: Doesgi statis happen that fast? She was here on Saturday and fedeveryone (she came by 2x a day) and then Sunday morning she wasdead? The dog was in his bed (blocked by a fence) and even ifhe did get out, he would not do anything to her, the only things hehates are flies! Its so weird cause I said bye to her 3 weeks agoexpecting to come home and her be bouncing in the cage all happy to seeme and instead its empty?:bigtears:

Well, at least I know that she had a very happy spoiled little lifesince she was with me. (hubby complained that I spent moremoney on the bunny's food than his, fresh greens and allthat)

R.I.P Miffy, we will all miss your binkies and your poopies all over the floors...

2. May 28, 2006 #2

ruka

ruka

ruka

I am so sorry about Miffy.

3. May 28, 2006 #3

Spring

Spring

Spring

I'm so sorry. I don't know what it could havebeen. I don't think GI statis is deadly with just a24 hourperiod. If she was pooping and eating on the Saturday, I don't thinkthis could have been it. I know Pepsi has gone over 36 hours with nopoop, no eating. Sorry I couldn't be much help :(.

I'm so sorry, :cry1

4. May 28, 2006 #4

m.e.

m.e.

m.e.

I'm so sorry :sad:

Binky free, Miffy :rainbow:

5. May 28, 2006 #5

cheryl

cheryl

cheryl

Awww im sorry about Miffy,im sure it must havefelt terrible coming home and not being able to go and give her a bigsqueeze..that's just sad:(

goodbye little Miffy:sad:

cheryl

6. May 28, 2006 #6

naturestee

naturestee

naturestee

I'm so sorry. What an awful way to end your vacation!

Binky free, little Miffy.

7. May 28, 2006 #7

pamnock

pamnock

pamnock

I am so sorry :( Some viruses can befatal within a short period of time. In some cases, GI stasiscan also be fatal inwithin a short period.

Pam

8. May 28, 2006 #8

parsnipandtoffee

parsnipandtoffee

parsnipandtoffee

Oh that's so sad.

We go on holiday soon and I'm scared that something will happen to the boys when we're gone!

I'm glad you have lots of happy huggy memories with her.

9. May 28, 2006 #9

Dolores Lindvall

Dolores Lindvall

Dolores Lindvall

I feel really bad for you. Rabbits canhave heart attacks and strokes and die, too. Iknow. Please know that even if you had been with her, theremay not have been one single thing that you could have done.HUGS!

10. May 28, 2006 #10

LuvaBun

LuvaBun

LuvaBun

How very sad! I am so sorry about Miffy :(

Jan

11. May 28, 2006 #11

bunnydude

bunnydude

bunnydude

I'm so sorry for your loss:(

12. May 28, 2006 #12

hummer

hummer

hummer

Thanks all of you, this site has been a reallifesaver to me. When I got her, I really did not knowanything about them. There is so much information here, fromthe basic cages to the elaborate ones, to the letting me know not tobuy the bunny pellet food with the "candies" in it to learning allabout rabbit language, I could not have kept her this long witheveryone here (and some that are not anymore!).

I went outside this morning to see if I could find where they buriedher and she is in the rose garden with a little rabbit marker and anice rock. I was confused about the date though, she died theday after we left. The poor girl was going to let Miffy outto play with her and she came in and found her dead. Aftershe told her mom, she could not come back here, she was tooupset. Her mom ended up taking care of the cat anddog. I understand that, I would also be upset if thathappened to me. I do not put any blame on her at all, I feelsorry for her to come over on the first day and find herdead.

I used to have a turtle a while ago and a few days ago they found oneso they put it in Miffy's outdoor cage and he is still there.I am going to go ahead and release him in the woodssomewhere. I cannot deal with another pet rightnow. We are going to be moving to New Jersey this summer andit would be too much. BUT after we buy a home (with land)back there, we are going to get another bunny or two (plus a few goatsand chickens!). I fell in love with them and a bunny freehome is just not the same now.:sad:

I will still lurk here, I have to keep up on the latest on the pics ofPebbles and the story of Jack and Eva among alot ofothers! Again, thanks to all of you for your priceless helpand suggestions, I could not have done it with out you!:thanks:

:rip Miffy, your binkies will be missed!

13. May 28, 2006 #13

Pet_Bunny

Pet_Bunny

Pet_Bunny

14. May 28, 2006 #14

Nessa1487

Nessa1487

Nessa1487

I'm very sorry. :/

15. May 29, 2006 #15

Eve

Eve

Eve

I am really sorry to hear about Miffy, you are in my thoughts. :pray:

16. May 29, 2006 #16

Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Elizabeth

I'm so very sorry. :(

17. May 30, 2006 #17

TrixieRabbit

TrixieRabbit

TrixieRabbit

I am truly sorry to hear about poor Miffy. Ithink the worst part is not having closure and that horrible feelingthat somehow you did something wrong....

Just know that in a year or so, when you get your new home (with land)and are ready for a new bunny or two, your heart will be open and readyto love them with all your might! There are some lucky bunnies outthere that will end up with you as their mommy.

Good luck, and God Bless Miffy :bunnydance:

18. May 31, 2006 #18

Pipp

Pipp

Pipp

I've been too upset to reply to this thread, but you've been in my thoughts since I first saw it. :tears2:

Miffy's story was such a sweet one, and you've been such anwonderfulcontributor to this board, I'm so sorry thishappened.You made Miffy avery happybunny. :hug1She'll be missed.

I dohope you're move isan easy one and you cansettle into a new home with anotherbunny, and visit us on averyregular basis totell us his or her story.

In the meantime, please don't be a stranger, Hummer.

:ripMiffy

sas :sad:and the bunnies :pink iris:

19. Jun 1, 2006 #19

hummer

hummer

hummer

Thank you so much for the picture Pet_Bunny, itmade my eyes water up a little bit. I printed it and I needto find a special little place for it.

Pipp, your words also made me cry. To hear that someone Inever met in person is upset over my bunny dying makes me appreciateMiffy and this great bunch of people on this site even more.(I cannot forget Carolyn and all the others that are not here anymorein that bunch!) Thank you for saying that I have been awonderful contributer to this board. I have never thoughtthat of myself here. I have definantly learned way more thanI could ever think of here. I just wish that I would havebrought out the video recorder to tape her energetic littlebinkies!

Thank you every one for all the very kind words. It makes ita little easier knowing that there are people out there who understandwhat being a "bunny slave" means to us.

:ripMiffy

Debbie, aka hummer

20. Jun 1, 2006 #20

nael

nael

nael

Hi there :imsorryabout miffy

Draft saved Draft deleted