Just a simple question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsBinky

Reaction score
As you all know I havea new bunny in the house. She is absolutely hilarious and charming. She's not afraid of me at all and demonstrates her love by the endless dance of love. Lol.

However, when I come to give her a treat, she never takes it from my fingers. She shakes her head from side to side, chins it repeatedly, shakes her head again. If I put it on the floor, she immediately eats it. It I pass the container to her she picks one out herself. But she absolutely will not accept it from my fingers.

She's definitely not scared of my hands. I can pet her and pick her up, even chase her without a problem. Is she just scared to bite me?

How can I counter it?

Hmm, it could be that you have a scent on your hands that she's not comfortable with. Or she's just not comfortable/trusting enough with you to take food yet.
Ookpik is a beast and I almost lose fingers when giving her treats.
On the other hand, Newt didn't take treats from my hands for a few days and he's very, very gentle still, maybe she's more like him.

~Diana

Bo shakes his head like that if something smells yucky or strong to him. He also doesn't want it. He will do that if I offer a strawberry - like "sniff, ew yuck! (shakes ears)" and then if I lay it down - a strawberry gets murderized! *thump, thump, stomp, stomp, stomp* I wonder if she doesn't like the smell of it on your hand.

Cloverbunny does the chinning thing. *sniff, chin a little, chin a little the other way - then gently take it only if mommy holds very still and she's on the other side of the wire*.....

If it's a binky-earshake - bo does those when he's all happy - maybe she can't contain herself?

That's the funny thing though, she LOVES the treats. She comes running for them. Lol. I also thought it was a scent so I washed my hands just before giving it to her but still wouldn't take it. It does look like a playful head shake but she still won't take it from me.I've had bunnies nearly chomp off my fingers to get the treats, some that act normally, but she's the first that doesn't take it from me. Lol. I don't get it :dunnook it's no big deal but I would love to know why :p

maybe she is worried she will nip you! or maybe she's just funny like that....... I swear sometimes some of he animals are neurotic!

Clover and her "won't take it unless mommy is on the other side of the wire thing..." Seriously - her cage door can be wide open! LOL!

Latest posts

Back