Just a couple of bunny-care questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moxiez

Reaction score
1. what toys are safe/appropriate for a young rabbit? So far Moxie has cardboard to shred (she loves it!), but I don't know what else to give her.

2. what cleaners are safe to use around bunnies, if any? She's piddled on my carpet whel she's been out running around, and while I can just vaccum up the little poops, I don't want to ruin my carpet with bunny urine and I'm not sure if using just water is sanitary enough.

For some toy ideas look here in our Rabbit101 section: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12433&forum_id=17

You can try some toilet paper rolls (stuff with hay or empty), cardboard, telephone books, and you can also connect some boxes together to build a castle/maze.

As for the cleaning, I always use vinegar mixed with water, about a 50/50 mix.

To clean up a pee stain on the carpet, I soak up as much as possible with a piece of paper towel then spay the spot with vinegar water. Let it sit for a minute, then soak it all up with paper towell.

It works really well, even on my ucky peachy coloured carpet that stains really easily.

--Dawn

For toys my buns have grass mats, wooden toddler number blocks from the dollar store, baby key rings from walmart for adollar, bamboo easter baskets that they like to shred, wicker baskets, a clothes hamper that I tipped on it's side so it's like a tunnel, apple chew sticks, balls with bells inside of them, shower curtain rings clipped together for another rattle toy....... they have tons. If you want pictures of any of them to see what I am talking about, let me know:).

For the carpet, I also use white vinegar if my buns have an accident.

On their linoleum floor in their bunny room, I use Clorox Anywhere spray. It kills 99.9% of germs... yadayadayadayeeee....and it's bunnysafe!

- Amy:brownbunny

Latest posts

Back