Jumping??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LolaGirl

Reaction score
Ok this is probably going to be a silly question but remember I am a newer rabbit mommy then most of you here. I know rabbits hop, but jump???

Sitting here with Lola running free before I get ready and go up to bed, she jumped a couple feet off the ground. I thought I was seeing things. It was so stinkin adorable!! Does it mean they are happy and excited to be free?? lol

Yep...she was probably doing a "binky" :biggrin2:!

Isn't it weird that most bunnies can jump really really high yet you rarely see them do it?

When I first brought home Rosie from the shelter I was letting her have some out time. She was extremely nervous and very jumpy. Well I was on my knees on the floor talking to her as she tentatively explored the room. All of a sudden my cat, George, pushed the door open and ran into the room. Poor Rosie ran away, so I went to remove the cat, but then saw Rosie flying through the air toward me. I swear she must have been five feet up. I didn't even see her launch, I simply saw this bunny sailing over my head. She then landed, rebounded off the wall, and ran into her cage. That is the highest I've ever seen any of my bunnies jump.

That sounds like a binky to me! :biggrin2: When I first saw Toby binky, I thought there was something wrong with him! My mum even referred to it as his "special jumps". My mum thought he was retarded (if that's the politically correct term). Toby is a dwarf, and he can jump up onto my bed from the floor. I've seen him binky that high, too!* Go onto YouTube and type in "rabbit binky". You should get quite a few results for that! It's cute just to watch the videos, too. :) Congrats on your bunny-binkies!

*Note: My bed is on a frame and has a boxspring and mattress. It's pretty high!

Once our 15 pound flemish giant doe, Sweetie, jumpedover her NIC gate, right into my husbands arms. The gate was 4 feet high and there was no running start - just bounced up from a dead stand still. :p She was trying to get away from her month old kits...you could just about hear her muttering, "THESE KIDS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!" :biggrin2:

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Once our 15 pound flemish giant doe, Sweetie, jumpedover her NIC gate, right into my husbands arms. The gate was 4 feet high and there was no running start - just bounced up from a dead stand still. :p She was trying to get away from her month old kits...you could just about hear her muttering, "THESE KIDS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!" :biggrin2:
:shock:! I've never heard of a "desperate" leap like that before! :p

I was wondering what you all meant when you talked about binky. Now I know!! :biggrin2:

WOW I didn't realize they could jump so high. I will keep that in mind when building her a new cage and giving her a play area.

Seriously? We have an NIC for Snuff and he has a second level and a half level for him to get up easier with. Well, I heard from Hubby that the little snickers jumped up on it with no help to his second level!:shock: Crazy bunner!:shock: So, that is possible.

Latest posts

Back