Juice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pekoe

Reaction score
I was hanging out with Merlin in my room today, and I noticed that he was very interested in the juice I was drinking. It was some of that frozen orange stuff. I put a little bit (about a teaspoon) in his bowl and he LOVED it. Is it okay to give him this as a treat occasionally?

If your rabbit is not drinking enough fluids you can add a little juice to the water to make it flavored. UsuallyI would use a little ( very small amounts) cranberry or apple juice.I do this with my rabbits that have consistently shown to me that they just drink very little water.
I really would not start this with a rabbit who drinks normally because the rabbit will become used to the sweeter taste and not want plain water anymore.

It is probably not a good thing to offer. Nearly all the processed juices have added sugars in one form or another. Sugar is never a good idea with hind gut fermentation. And rabbits do have a sweet tooth. Sugar is detrimental to the beneficial bacteria in the GI.

Randy

As Randy mentioned fruit juices should be limited (even those with natural sugar), just as we would limit fruits in the diet. An occasional treat is ok, but don't offer too much.

Pam

Latest posts

Back