Jordiwes' Home Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordiwes

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this message board and I was wondering if someone could giveme some advice on introducing my bunnies. Here's the situation:

My resident bunny (Jordi) is a 6 month old spayed female. I broughtWesley, a 7 month old neutered (one week ago) male home from the SPCAon Saturday. Wesley is caged right now and Jordi runs free. At first hewould sniff Jordi through the bars but mostly ignore her. She kind ofgrowled at him a few times but it hasn't been too bad. Then we putJordi in another room and let Wes roam free while we cleaned his cage.After we put him back in, he went crazy! He kept jumping on top his boxand back down, thumping (a huge noise on a metal floor made by a bigbunny!) and biting at the cage bars like the gerbils. He's been prettyrestless ever since. He calmed down today and he's let him out a coupleof times. I've done a lot of reading and it says that we shouldintroduce our bunnies in a neutral space so I will probably put them inthe laundry room together tonight to see what happens, what do youthink? He's really cute though, just really messy. He's always throwingstuff around in his cage! I hope they get along and stuff. That wouldmake me very happy to know Jordi has company.

Thanks!!!

Steph

He's always throwing stuff around in his cage!

Is your bowls light-weighted? Because that was what Emmy would do whenwe first got her. Better yet, you can get heavy-like bowls which ishard for rabbits to tip over. :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm Trina. Nice to meet you. :)

If you have some pictures of your buns, you can post them here so we all can see them. Have fun!

:wave:Trina, Katy & Emmy

Just get Picard to order them to get along. :D

Getting them into the laundry room should be a good start. Let us know. And as usual, picture appreciated.

Shuu wrote:
Just get Picard to order them to get along. :D

:laugh:
She is very cute!

If Jordi has never been in the laundry room, it should work.You might want to wait until Wesley's hormones calm downthough. He's was snipped pretty recently and that can affecthow he acts.

Please rememebr towatch them every second they are together DO Notleave them alone for a second , fatalfights have been known tooccurr in a blink of an eye ,Just because they are altered does notmean they will not fight ,especially where the altering has beenrecent. just be sure to keepthem in sight constantly .

forgot to mention Welcome to the forum ,

Haha, that's incredible that you guys noticed the star trek reference!!

Here's what happened last night: We let Wesley out of his cage and hefound Jordi and they circled each other a bit. then for about 10minutes he chased Jordi around the room. I'm amazed she wasn't moreterritorial. It didn't look like it would let up so we eventually putWes back in his cage. Now Jordi is leaving pellets all around the room:). She still goes up to his cage and sniffs him now andthen. What do you think?

One more question: do you guys have any advice on picking Jordi up? Sheis impossible to get a hold of! She is so fast and squirmy I have aheck of a time catching her!

Thanks for all of the welcome messages!

Hi All,

I'm happy to report that both Jordi and Wes are running free and getalong great. By getting along great, I mean that Jordi bows her head tobe groomed and Wes is so good natured that he'll do it whenever shecomes over! A bit of a one way relationship but they seem happy! Hereare some Jordi pics of when she was littler. I'm hoping to get someJordi/Wes pics up soon. Thanks for your advice guys!

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

IMG_3731.JPG

naturestee's husband here.
First off I think they are so cute.
second, is that an aluminum pie plate in the background? Iwas just surfing through bunny health websites today and one of themsaid to kkep aluminum out of chewing distance for bunnies because it isbad for them if they gnaw on it. Just don't want your bunniesgetting sick is all. Your two got along together alot fasterthen our two. It took us near a month of slow introductionfor them not to fight with each other (they would get intoscrapes that would cause hair to get pulled out. I would putmy hands between them immediatly, but then they would maul myhand. Better I get hurt then them though) they getalong well now. It paid off in the end.

I dont think theresmuch worry about The Rabbitschewing on the tin foil pan ( cant spellthe A word right now , cantthink ) . Its used as a litter box fromthe look of the picture , generally when usedin such a fashion theywont chew , Notice howthe front is cut down ,yeck can you imagine getting bunnypeee and the wrongbunny poo in your mouth ewwwwwwww.

from an article from the Alzhiemer's association
"Thinking about whether aluminum plays any role in Alzheimer’s diseasehas evolved over the 40 years that researchers have been exploring thisquestion. The theory that aluminum might be involved emerged in the1960s after scientists discovered that exposing rabbits’ brains toaluminum caused nerve cell damage with some similarity to Alzheimerpathology..."

I went back into my psychology notes on my paper on alzheimers andfound this quote. I don't mean to sacre anyone, just informthem.

IMG_3731.JPG

How cute is she???:inlove:.

Are you still having trouble catching her? I know that some use nets (Buck Jones used a crab net with great success).

Look forward to seeing pics of Jordi and Wes together - sounds like sofar, so good :) - Jan

Thanks Jan, yes if we really need to pick herup, we'll throw a towel over her and bundle her up. Just afraid ofhurting her! Wesley seems more relaxed about being picked up, so Ithink we should get him used to it while he's still young...

Latest posts

Back