JoJo's new litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry guys, heres a photobucket link

09092009096.jpg

How sweet! I know Cathy will chime in with lots of good info, but they probably need to be in a nestbox full of hay and bunny fur, if you can manage it. A shoebox with one side cut kind of low--not too low, a few inches tall should be ok) can work. I can't see their bellies, but soon they should look very white, like the bunny swallowed a pingpong ball--that's milk from the mom. Keep an extra special eye on the mom, since this is her first litter (right?) and I see a few red spots on the babies that could be leftover placenta, but could also be injury from mom overgrooming them or being careless with her claws and teeth.

Good luck!

Oh my gosh...they are so teenie. Can't wait to see what they look like as bigger kits! Congrats...:highfive:

Wow! Newborns! Congratulations! How do you have them set up? Are they in a nestbox?Is mom feeding them yet? (Thanks for postingthe photo!) They look adorable. What color are the parents? Trying to figure out what colors you have there! (Besides black?)

They are in a flannel shirt, mum didn't pull any hair out which I found was weird, it's her 2nd litter so i thought she would of. But it rained the night before she had them and they were all soaking wet so that could explain why she didn't pull any out.

Mum is black and dad is seal point (i think thats what it's called when theyre white with grey nose and ears).

Her last litter was pretty much the same and they turned out all black however one has a grey tinge to his coat like a smokey colour!

I've never had more than 5 babies born before so i'm really excited.

Can anyone pick the runt out of the litter? Is there ALWAYS a runt in a litter?

It's the next morning now and all 6 are still wiggling and moving.

Is there a chance mum could be feeding 3 babies at a time and alternating between them? cuz only 3 look fed at a time.

Latest posts

Back