Jojo's Best Premium Select Western Orchard Grass

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbunny

Reaction score
I buy "treat hays" for my rabbits on top of their bales of timothy hay (which I buy from farm).

I usually buy Oxbow's Orchard Grass Hay in its 9lbs or 25lbs boxes for my rabbits. (I would buy it in bales if I could but in the GTA is timothy/alfalfa hay bales.) The place where I usually buy it didn't have any in stock, so I purchased several bags of Jojo's Best Premium Select Western Orchard Grass Hay instead.

My rabbits don't seem to be taken with Jojo's Best. They barely touch it, and they usually go nuts over Oxbow's orchard grass. I have noticed that my fingers have been slightly tinted green after handling the orchard grass. However, I'm not sure if that's from the ink of the bag (since the packaging is green) or the hay itself.

The hay itself looks and smells normal: bright green like Oxbow's orchard grass; smells like hay; no signs of mould or moisture. Expiry date is not until late 2013.

Has anyone tried Jojo's Best hay? Specifically it's orchard grass? Does anyone know if the company dies their hay green? Are my rabbits simply picky?

Also, has anyone tried Alfalfa King's Double Compressed Oat Wheat & Barley Hay? An opinions on that as well?

Thanks.

(Note:
In other news: Oxbow has discontinued their 9lbs boxes of oat hay. =( They only offer oat hay in the tiny 15oz size bags now.)

Latest posts

Back