Johnnie and Ainsley Were Spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleysmom

Reaction score
We took Johnnie and Ainsley in to be spayed. They did fine and they're home now. Is there anything I need to know about aftercare, other than making sure they're eating, drinking and using the potty okay and that they aren't jumping around a lot?

How long should I wait to introduce them to the same cage. They're both girls. Anything I need to know (any links for me to read) on introducing them other than on rabbits.org? I thought we'd try during floor time first.

Girls take longer to heal and recover so you'd want to keep themsafely confined for at least a week to make sure they don't get rowdy and hurt themselves.

Are the girls bonded? You want to make sure they recover and get along while supervised first. I wouldn't put them together without supervision the first few days after recovery. Girls can fight and get very ugly. You don't want them to cause injury to their current wounds or in general.

Check the library section on bonding for more details. Also I would think since boys can remain hormonal for weeks after a neuter that girls can too after a spay. They may not even get along while still hormonal another few weeks. Also if they were bonded before, something significant like a trip to the vet for a spay could break the bond as they'll end up smelling unlike their old selves. So dont assume they will still like each other if they were bonded before...

Good luck to you!

I'm glad the spays went well!
I hope they heal well too! And all the best in bonding them!

x

No, they aren't bonded yet. I was thinking about giving them three weeks or so before trying.

Latest posts

Back