Jitters!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
I'm driving myself nuts worrying about the babies. Are they healthy, warm, dry, clean, getting enough to eat, alive?

Tank is a great mom, I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just aworrywart. And I've never had such a big litter. I hope she keeps ontaking care of it.

When I open the top of the box, they jump and squeak. Then when I closeit they go back to sleep. Tank could care less if I look at them, andI'm careful not to touch.

They seem active so I should just relax. I wish I could see them alltoday--all I see is an occasional couple littleheads orbutts. They are tiny but growing. I can't believe how small they are.At first I thought they were peanuts, but they're all healthy andgrowing, all about the same size. Really wrinkly, but starting to fillout and get some nice pale orange hair.

They're Bunbun's. Maybe that's why I'm so nervous about them surviving. They are 3 days old so far.

I can't believe Tank's so calm and I'm nervous! lololol

Rose

Take deep breaths and relax!!! I am sure Tank isdoing her job. To ease your mind, cant you take the babybunnies out to look at them all? Or is that not a good thing to do. Idont have any experience with baby bunnies, both my rabbits were grownwhen i got them. good luck with the baby bunnies.

Cristy

Hi Rabbitgirl,

You should be checking the babies to see if anyone has passed and ifthey have round, warm bellies. In the morning they should look likethey swallowed a golf ball. Tank will feed them once, tops twice, aday. First feeding is usually at dawn, (5:00 a.m. or so).

Tank will not abandon her babies if you touch them. She knows yourscent and bunnies aren't particular about that sort of thing.

I definitely recommend you check them every morning to be sure they'reall being fed, are all in the nest, and a little petting and talking towill only make them that much more comfortable with the human touch.

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back