Jersey Woolies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haze

Reaction score
I purchased these as Jersey Woolies and want tohear everyone's opinion as to whether they are or not. Thepicture I have seen on the internet resemble them somewhat.Do y'all think they are pure Jersey Woolies or a mix with somethingelse? If they are Jersey Woolies, what color phase do youthink they are? I know there are a few different categoriesfor them and I wonder what mine fall under? Thank you in advance foryour help.

47b7dd30b3127cce827244dc5bea00000016108IbNWLhu0bQ

47b7dd30b3127cce827242aadaaf00000016108IbNWLhu0bQ

They look like Jersey Woolies to me.Are you hoping to show or breed them? I really don't knowanything about show standards. They are really cute though!

The top one is a pointed white (himalayan), although I'm not sure whatcolor those points are because of the shadows. The bottom onelooks like a chocolate, with white nose and toe markings that would beconsidered mismarks although I like them.:)

Pamnock has a great website on coat colors with pictures of many of them.
http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/coat_colors1.html

I agree with Naturestee, they look like Jersey Woolies.

The top one is probably a black or blue pointed white- a picture with better lighting would help to determine better.

The bottom one is a badly sunburnt or urine scalded chocolate mismark.The mismarks may be a sign that it is carring the vienna gene possiblyallowing it to produce Blue-Eyed White's if bred to the right rabbit.If you keep this rabbit clean and out of sunlight, it's coat shouldgrow back in nice and deep after a good moult.

Cute!

Thanks for the responses. I would liketo get to show rabbits one day but right now I want to learn as much aspossible before I consider it. I'll get some better picssoon. Once again thanks for everyone's help.

Latest posts

Back