Jelly sick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeelowsBunnies

LeelowsBunnies
Reaction score
my baby boy sick his teeth are all crooked and his jaw might be under formed and the vet said might be best put down :sosad

Oh no! I'm so sorry:(

Is he in pain? Is the vet suggesting euthanasia because of his jaw or something else?

What a sad situation, again I'm ver sorry.

That is too bad. I'm sorry your bunny has such issues. Sometimes surgery can correct tooth problems, for instance removing all the teeth if they are infected or growing improperly, but sometimes there's not a lot the vet can do if there are underlying problems with the jaw. If the teeth are all removed, the bunny still has to use the jaw a little to chew food.

And I assume it wold be expensive & the vet assumes you don't want to pay for it. If he's still eating pretty well, you could postpone IT for awhile. As long as he's not in pain.

And I assume it wold be expensive & the vet assumes you don't want to pay for it.

We are trained to never limit the options for treatment based on an assumption of what the client is willing to pay but rather to start with what the ideal plan would be and then offer B, C, etc. plans at varying price points. Granted, not all vets are like that.

If his jaw is underdeveloped it sounds like options would be pretty limited for improvement.
I'm sorry you're having to make this choice. I know how hard it is to lose a bunny.

I'm so sorry about Jelly :(
He will wait for you at the rainbow bridge though and will have fun with all our others bunnies we lost.

Latest posts

Back