Jelly Bean and Friends

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv Buns

Reaction score
I'm going to give this blogging thing a go! I'll try to keep up on it decently. :)

I'm fairly knew to the bunny slave world. I had a bun as a kid, but Jelly Bean is my first True bun. I got him on April 20, 2011. I'm not quite sure how old he is since I bought him from a pet store.

I caught some video of him torturing my cat Mossy so I believe I will try and put that up. He's usually a caged bun but I let him out when I let my dog outside so he can run and play.

100_5989-1.jpg
Me n my bun.. hope this isnt huge!

Thank you for posting Wabbitdad12, I was still wondering about the video working. :)

Yesterday I took Jelly Bean for a "walk" outside on his leash since it had cooled off. This is only the 2nd time hes really been on it. The first time he bit me. >.< lol. I cant blame him though, he prob thought I was trying to choke him. He likes the leash but doesn't at the same time. Hes used to me following him now - he doesn't try to lose me anymore. Poor thing tries to do binkies and run some but cant do much because of the shortness. I was thinking of using a dog run and attaching it so he can run and play a little better.. I'm just afraid that he might run to hard and hurt his self. My dad came out and laughed at me for walking a bunny but he said he must be a happy one. :) For my dad that's big. haha. He thinks Jelly Bean is pretty cool in reality.

Today I found a box that I could use as a tunnel for him. I ordered tree's though the mail and had forgotten that I had a 6 foot long box tucked in the corner. I cut a side hole in the middle for him to peek though, even come out if he wanted. Then a couple more holes in the top and sides but not very big.
I let him out to play in his room and he went through it once, the cat tried to bat him through the holes but I 'yelled' at him for it.
He also got his first strawberry this week. He ate a little of it but didn't care to much for it.

For my other pets, Princess (Dog) had some problems. She had an ear problem that caused her to get dizzy and stiffen up (from fear I guess.) I hate it. She looks like shes having seizures and after a couple mins and some ear meds. she is okay and acts like it never happened. :( I try to always make sure her ears are clean and that she doesn't get water in them.

Well.. thats about it, I will add photos of all my pets soon. :)

027.jpg

Princess getting her bath.

011-1.jpg

L to R : Rainbow, Pixie, Pumpkin, Raga Muffin, Cal(cow)
011.jpg

Momma Girl with her kittens.

and of course Jelly Bean!
014.jpg

001.jpg

Mossy and Jelly Bean

All my pets

:heartbeat::inlove::big kiss:

Lately I have noticed Jelly Bean has been wanting me to groom him. It is so cute! He will lick my fingers and then lay his head down and look at me.

He started doing that after it was warm and I rubbed cool water on his ears.

So now once he grooms my fingers I try to groom him back. lol. I hope I'm passing as a good bun slave. Sometimes I dip my finger in his water bowl and rub his ears and face with it. Sometimes I pet his back too. He seems to enjoy it. If I quit to soon, he licks my fingers again and lays back down.

In other areas of life, I'm still trying to update and remodle our current house. My husband and I moved down from PA a year ago and my parents gave us a place. So far we have put in a sliding glass door in the living room, and a deck out side of it. We also re-did the front porch. Now I'm trying to paint and redo the bathroom. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever be done!!

I'm also trying to find a close home for my baby kittens. I will miss them soo much because I am an animal lover. Kittens were my first love. However, my litter is 4 girls and one boy... I cant afford to fix them all. :( I wish I was rich because I would keep them all!!! Part of me (my heart) hopes they stay with me but my brain knows better.

I went to feed Jelly Bean this morning and figured since I havent given him many treats in the last couple days, I would give him some this morning. As soon as I opened the bag he started going crazy. He was trying to stick his nose out of the cage and licking his lips. Since his nose was bigger than the cage holes, he bit the door and tried to open it! I didnt want him to hurt his teeth or anything so I hurried myself up. :)

I think I have myself a very happy bun this morning. :bunnydance:

Poor puppy doesn't look too happy!

My buns go nuts when they hear me open the banana chip container. I suddently have 14 banana chip addicts trying to tear apart their cages.

Wow I could not imagion having 14 buns!! One is enough for me, as long as I have all my other babys.

Today I took Jelly Bean outside in his cage. He wanted out so bad that he talked me into it. First I was just going to let him eat grass and sit and pet him... until he wanted out bad enough that he bit me. So I got his leash and let him play around. I love watching him jump and binkie and run. Adorable. All the kittens wanted to play with him but was to afraid. Every time they would sneek up on him - he would turn around and they would run off. So cute.

Today I went in my buns room to clean his cage again and to give him a treat... well while I was there I noticed that he hadnt eaten all of his banana chip and there was ants all over the piece he had left. So I sprayed my vin./water mix on the ants so they wouldnt run away and I cleaned it up. While I was doing this Jelly Bean must have gotten a little on the paw or something because he was flicking around a little. Clearly unhappy about it.
Once I cleaned that up I went to get my new dust pan and brush (tiny one) to help me sweep his cage out. When I got back and was trying to sweep it he went in the opp. corner of his litter box and peed!! He Never has done this that I know of! He always peed his in litter box. :?

The only thing I can think of is 1. He was mad at me for leaving him with out a snack. 2. He was ticked for getting sprayed -by accident!!! 3. He was mad, because USUALLY I let him out and let him run while I clean his cage. OR 4. He just wanted to do it, and maybe (doubt it) has done it before with out me knowing.:? :?

I keep cardboard on the bottom of his cage so the wire doesnt hurt his feet. Maybe it has taking on the pee and I havent noticed? I doubt it though because Im a home maker and Im in his room constantly. :expressionless

I realllly do not want him to stop using his litter box!! So I sprayed my vin&water mix on the cardboard where he peed and it ran and rubbed it in. I hope this works! :? :confused2:

Tomorrow is my sisters birthday! She will be 31. :) Tonight my husband and I treated her out to Applebees -yum-even though we all really wanted Texas Roadhouse. lol. Everyone agreed it was just to far to travel and we wanted to eat!! We had a great time, my mom joined us too so it was extra special. Afterwards we went shopping and then came home. They are my neighbors so its nice to get to Go out with them. My husband left as soon as we got back though because of a car show. So.. here I am alone and bored and shockingly lonely. lol. After such a great day and everything! I dont like it at all!! I'm used to him always been gone for work, so this is odd feeling.. :(

I would get my Jelly Bean out but my dog seems to want to keep that spot on the couch and not move, so her going out isnt going to happen.

Well.. time to go and relax.. bed soon! My cuzz is thinking of taking in one of my girl kittens and I think that is really what is causing the sadness feeling. I LOVE my babys and getting rid of one hurts my heart! :( Yea.. thats really whats making me lonely / sad. I want to keep my kittens!! :bawl: I know I need to give one up tho.. but I cant say if she changes her mind that I would be sad!!!!

Hum... this blog is therapeutic.. sorry for the blahness guys!

Luv Buns wrote:
Hum... this blog is therapeutic.. sorry for the blahness guys!
Yes they are. Don't worry about it, we've all been there. I know my own blog has many posts without mention of one of my furry masters.

Thank you Dave. :)

My cuzz came today and took 2 of my girl kittens. One black calico and one gray calico. The gray one was one I had picked for myself but I had already given her the option to pick out of the 3. :( I miss them but I cant afford to fix them all. I cant afford to have 5 litters either! Its okay, they will have a good home, It just wont be with me!!!

Today it got very very hot out so I moved my bun into the kitchen where the air conditioner can keep him cooler. I've been growing grass lately - today I gave him his first 'batch.' He loved it. I also gave him a dirt box today for him to dig and play in. He enjoyed that but Im not so thrilled about cleaning the whole cage. :p

My cat did too. lol. It is so odd, I get grass for the bun and Mossy goes wacko on me like I'm feeding him chicken or something! He demands that if Jelly Bean gets it So Does He! lol. Cracks me up the big ol cutie.

My hubby surprised me today with a little 10ft wide by 3ft deep pool today. We had planned on getting one again because my kittens busted the last one I had. I didnt think it would be this soon in the summer tho! :) YAY. So since we did Applebees last night and shopping with my sister, today we sat up a pool and had a cook out with my mom and dad. :) This time though, her son was also there! :) He is 2 almost 3.. she has custody (sp) but he had been with his daddy over the weekend.

His dad is in the army and stationed in Alabama - while we live in Kentucky. When he can he comes and takes Nathaniel (nephew) for the weekend. Later it will be for week / weeks. Bummer for us, good for his dad. Enough about that though!

So today wasnt HORRIBLE with me giving 2 kittens away but it wasnt perfect either. lol. I have a huge heart for my babys. Look out, when my husband and I have a kid - we will prob. be very ... protective. lol.

Dog meets Bunny...
and doesnt eat him!
Today I let Jelly Bean out of his cage to explore for a while. I was painting the hall way and taping off the trim. We have a sheet up currently to the hall so its like a door.. the dog never comes through it unless called so I didnt feel like it was a big deal. I was preping my area and keeping one eye on the bun. He was enjoying being able to run from one bed room through the hall to the bath room and other bed room. Hes usually just in one bed room. I went in the bathroom (preping to paint that also) and noticed I hadnt seen the bun for a while. I went in search and found him, pass the 'door' into the kitchen... with Princess. She was staring him down and he didnt have a care in the world. lol. Thank GOD I caught it before she decided to stop watching!! Who know what would have really happend?? Since she cowarded when I walked in, knowing she was doing/ thinking a no-no, I let her meet the bun on the couch with my close attention. She mainly layed still like shed been beaten. lol. Right after that JB went in his cage though because I didnt want to lose him again.

I've also noticed since I put a little dirt in his litter box for him to play with that hes made it his bed! :( He now uses the other corner. I'm going to try taking the dirt completely out again and re-flooring his cage. Hopefully he will go back to sleeping in the right corner and using his litter box as its ment to be!!

More photos, I love photos!

lnj.jpg

My husband Joey and myself.

090.jpg

Jelly Bean using his litter box as a bed. :grumpy:

080.jpg

The 3 kittens I have left. Pumpkin, Cal, and Pixie.

067.jpg

Mossy taking his cat nap.. hehe, I love his teeth. lol.

055-1.jpg

..and finish this up with my Handsome Nephew - Nathaniel <3 I love him to pieces.

Well... 2 of my kittens -the girls- went missing for a day and a half. I kept praying they would come back home and God answered my prayer! They showed up find but hungry around dinner time! I was so happy I gave them the chicken I had left and mash potatoes! :) I love my babys! I believe they were gone because the mom is trying to teach them to hunt.

Today however, I'm thinkful for her training! I plan on bringing Momma girl and one of her kittens Pumpkin in tonight for Night shift - Mouse duty! They better earn their keep! I'm bringing in a kitten in case it goes in a place Momma Girl cant get in but Pumpkin can. Please Lord, answer my prayer and let the mice get caught tonight too!!! Ugh, I cant stand having anything so dirty in my house. I found its poo in my spoon drawer!! That is a NO NO!!!! *shivers* yuck!

My bun has had his first salad today! :) He kept begging for more and it worked since I started out with some tester pieces! Yummie. My husband also had a salad tonight. hehe.. my aunt gave me the lettus out of her garden so it was fresh fresh fresh! I also finally found CAT GRASS today so I will be growing that now too!!! YAY! I've been looking for that for a while now. Going to plant it tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back