Jaycee Lee Dugard was recovered (alive) by the FBI 18 years after her abduction.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
I remember seeing this case on the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) website when I worked at the bank. We were always encouraged to check the site for recent bank robbers in the area so we could possibly recognize them, etc., in case of a robbery. But, being the upstanding employee with a short attention span that I was, I would read everything on the site. This little girl was abducted from near her home in 1991. She has been missing 18 years. They found her alive on Wednesday. Her kidnapper held her in his backyard for 18 years and abused her. She had two children with him. He was on lifetime parole for a previous rape case, but he was able to keep her hidden, and her children, hidden in plain sight for so long.

Here is the Wikipedia article on it. It sums it up the best (since newer news stories just have the facts of the recovery included).

Did anyone else hear about this? (Did I miss another post about it?)

Thank goodness she got home safe, and alive. It will take that poor girl forever just to recoup from this. :(

It's been huge in the papers here, and I would guess in other countries too.

It's amazing, but also sad that this day could have happened 3 years ago.

I guess it brings hope to families like Madeleine MacCann's Family.

Sad story. I hope she has some help through this.

Ya it's been on the news the past couple of days, it's like that story (not sure what country it was) where a guy had his daughter I think in the basement and had seven kids with her.

People like that are seriously disgusting and evil.

irishbunny wrote:
Ya it's been on the news the past couple of days, it's like that story (not sure what country it was) where a guy had his daughter I think in the basement and had seven kids with her.

People like that are seriously disgusting and evil.
Josef Fritzl. That story gave me nightmares. :twitch:

Yep, I've been following the story. It's all over our local news stations since all this happened quite locally. I'm so thankful she is back home with her family. What an absolute nightmare. I hope she is able to recover from this and find some peace, though I know it will always stay with her.

My thoughts go out to Jaycee and her family. :pray:

Back