Jasmine the bunny is back to not eating..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
So , the swelling is gone down , but now she don't have hardly any energy , won't really eat much apart from a bit of lettuce .
Sits in a hunched position , for ages .

Doesn't really get exited for food , and when i come round , she useally runs to me , but she just sits there .
Think i'm going to syringe feed again , should i do that?

Jasmine probably has gas pain which can lead to Gi-stasis. Gi-stasis is fatal if left untreated, but there are several things you can do to help her. I would not syringe feed just yet because her tummy is probably full.
  • Give infant gas drops (you can buy them from Walmart or a pharmacy). You can give her 1-2 ml every hour for 3 hours, and then 1-2 ml every 3-8 hours or as needed. If you don't have gas drops you can brew fennel seeds, peppermint tea, or chamomile tea in hot water and syringe feed it to Jasmine after it is cooled. NO HONEY. Syringe it to your rabbit every hour. These should help get gas out. It is a substitute for Infant Gas Drops.
  • Give tummy massages to get the gas moving.
  • Make your rabbit run around. It may be that you must push her around and make her mad in order to get him moving, but it will be worth it. Moving around will get her gut moving.
  • Give fresh pineapple juice. It can help with dissolving hair in the intestines which could be clogging her up. If you don’t have fresh pineapple you can use canned pineapple, but it does not work as well.
  • Give fresh veggies (Romaine lettuce, cilantro, and parsley. No kale or cabbages). Soak them in water for a minute and feed them to your rabbit while wet that way your rabbit gets water. You can crush some pellets and put the pellet powder on the wet veggies.

If your rabbit has not eaten or pooped in 8-12 hours follow the instructions below:
  • Get the rabbit to a vet. If taking her in is not possible, call the vet.
  • Syringe feed her Critical Care 6 times a day. If you don’t have Critical Care you need to soak pellets in water until they are mushy. Then smash them in the water until you have a mixture the consistency of pancake batter.
  • Syringe water 6 times a day. Fill a bowl with water so that Jasmine can drink freely. Add some apple juice or pineapple juice to make it more appealing.
If you need to order Critical Care, here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FKACXO/?coliid=I1XGIN0R5O7U7D&colid=1WPEFZJ54GMSE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it.

Jasmine probably has gas pain which can lead to Gi-stasis. Gi-stasis is fatal if left untreated, but there are several things you can do to help her. I would not syringe feed just yet because her tummy is probably full.
  • Give infant gas drops (you can buy them from Walmart or a pharmacy). You can give her 1-2 ml every hour for 3 hours, and then 1-2 ml every 3-8 hours or as needed. If you don't have gas drops you can brew fennel seeds, peppermint tea, or chamomile tea in hot water and syringe feed it to Jasmine after it is cooled. NO HONEY. Syringe it to your rabbit every hour. These should help get gas out. It is a substitute for Infant Gas Drops.
  • Give tummy massages to get the gas moving.
  • Make your rabbit run around. It may be that you must push her around and make her mad in order to get him moving, but it will be worth it. Moving around will get her gut moving.
  • Give fresh pineapple juice. It can help with dissolving hair in the intestines which could be clogging her up. If you don’t have fresh pineapple you can use canned pineapple, but it does not work as well.
  • Give fresh veggies (Romaine lettuce, cilantro, and parsley. No kale or cabbages). Soak them in water for a minute and feed them to your rabbit while wet that way your rabbit gets water. You can crush some pellets and put the pellet powder on the wet veggies.

If your rabbit has not eaten or pooped in 8-12 hours follow the instructions below:
  • Get the rabbit to a vet. If taking her in is not possible, call the vet.
  • Syringe feed her Critical Care 6 times a day. If you don’t have Critical Care you need to soak pellets in water until they are mushy. Then smash them in the water until you have a mixture the consistency of pancake batter.
  • Syringe water 6 times a day. Fill a bowl with water so that Jasmine can drink freely. Add some apple juice or pineapple juice to make it more appealing.
If you need to order Critical Care, here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FKACXO/?coliid=I1XGIN0R5O7U7D&colid=1WPEFZJ54GMSE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it.

She hasn't pooped much in like 4 hours , so i'll start doing what you said .
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back