Jane Goodall's "When Animals Talk"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
And yes, a rabbit is featured in the previews,as are many other animals. I think it'll be an interesting show. JaneGoodall is usually pretty good.

(Psst...as coincidence has it, it just so happens to be viewing on Pamnock and Buck Jones' birthday - October 16th.)

-Carolyn

oh how cool Iwill have to watch it , I just hope theremote is deliverd in time I just HATE walking acrossedthe room and standing at the TV for 5 minuteswhile you scroll DTV manuallyStupid Kid , Supider Husband , wont go there, nope nope nope :no:

They had a rabbit on the Pet Physic thismorning. It was a possive doe that was apparently jealous of the buckhaving "her things". It sure sounds like some rabbits, lol!

Well, I'm figuring that those of us that can watch it will give their input back here. That way we'll all gain.

The more perspectives on what they interpret from the program, the better.

:sunshine:

Regardless, I think it'll spark some interesting viewpoints - both on the program and then our discussion of it afterwards.

-Carolyn

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
They had a rabbit on the Pet Physic this morning. It was apossive doe that was apparently jealous of the buck having "herthings". It sure sounds like some rabbits, lol!

Fauna is All About That!

She doesn't claim much, but when she does - Don't Mess!

-Carolyn

Oh why don't we get shows like that here?????:tantrum:

We do get the man with all the animals, the guy with the big macaw on his shoulder I can't remember his name though.

***edit to say we do get Animal Planet but not that ladys' shows, well not that I could see anyway***

I know its on around 8pm here ariel so I am noteven close to sure what time it would be on down under...probly likearound 10am or so if i remember my times right from a friend that livesin sydney{sp}......

Thanks shadow, I did a search on the tv guide and nothing came up.

Unfortunately we don't always get the same programmes as you guys doeven though we have Pay tv. Seems things take a little longerto get to this part of the world, but I will definately keep onchecking over the next couple of weeks to see if it airs here.
;)

Don't you worry, Aussie Friend!

I'll take notes and report back here as to what they say from myinterpretation of it. Hopefully others will too. Afterall, folks willpick up some things, while others are thinking of something else. I'mlooking forward to a discussion about Jane's findings.

We wouldn't leave those that can't view it in the dark.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
We wouldn't leave those that can't view it in the dark.

-Carolyn

Glad that those uf us who can't see the programme have you all here to shed some "light" (pun intended :p)

Seriously, those of you who do get the chance to watch it, it would begreat if you did talk about it here. I and many others wouldgladly saok up any info at all.

:thanks:

It was a Great Show, Ariel! :popcorn:

I'm exhausted and I'm sick, so I'll put up just a small bit of it here because it's late for me.

In case you're unaware, Jane Goodall studied chimps behavior for 40 years. She's an Amazingly Intelligent Intuitive Individual.

The program started off basically saying that animals can warn of ofdisaster, save us from diseases, and help with law enforcement; we justneed to respond when animals talk.

Jane Goodall (JG): "There seems to be a line with a human being on oneside and the rest of the animals on the other. The line doesn't exist.

It's about understanding the signals that they give that people don't notice.

I had a dog when I was young that knew every mood I felt."

"To understand them you have to have patience. You also have to have nopreconceived ideas. Leave your mind open so that you can put thevarious signals together until it makes sense."

-Carolyn

The Sea Lions and the Orcas

The survival of the Orcas depends upon their communication.

A gentleman by the name of Roberto Bubas studied Orcas for 12 years.After watching the orcas from the land for over a year, they began tocome closer to him and splashing in the water. Mr. Bubas went into thewater and they come up toward him with a screaming sound. He was ableto touch them.

JG: "They wanted to experience him. They knew he was in the water andthey are curious. They couldn't experience him unless he got into thewater with them.

We have to question why they don't attack people, but they do attacksea lions. Perhaps there's a connection with this huge dolphin andhuman that goes back to our relationship with them."

Mr. Bubas: (in his boat and the orcas around him) "They surround me inthe water and then they blow - as if they're saying 'Hi!'. I play myharmonica for them.

When you get a friend, it takes time to make the bond strong. Same withOrcas. They don't need anything from me, and I don't need anything fromthem. It's just a pure, affectionate bond."

Carolyn wrote
Mr. Bubas: (in his boat and the orcas around him) "They surround me inthe water and then they blow - as if they're saying 'Hi!'. I play myharmonica for them.

When you get a friend, it takes time to make the bond strong. Same withOrcas. They don't need anything from me, and I don't need anything fromthem. It's just a pure, affectionate bond."
This mademe smile the biggest smile.

I thought that Jane was the lady with the chimps but I wasn't quite sure.

I do agree with what was said about animals "knowing", it's an amazing thing that they can "feel" things even before we do.

I hope the show is aired here I'd love to see it.
I like the ocean creatures, they seem so carefree and so peacful.

Did they say anything about rabbits??

I will be keeping my eye out for if the show does come on here.

Thanks for posting, I know you are not well, so I hope you are tuckedup in bed nice and warm, get some rest and I wish you a speedy recovery.

:sickbunny:

When i was a child i was obsessed with Orca. iwould draw them all the time, and had great plans to become a marinebiologist. i especially wanted to go to Johnstone Staight in BC to seethem up close.

i went to Marine land 2 years ago and got to feed and pet one, it wasvery cool. i still wish i could swim with them though, maybe someday....

Nicole

I didn't get to see the whole thing, my friendDVR'd it and I only saw about 1/2. I missed the rabbit part,I saw it, but never heard it spoken about. OMG, what aboutthat African Grey???? How amazing was he? I'vewanted a Grey for years, and now I want one about 10 timesmore. He had me rolling on the floor laughing it was so cute.

Jen

Ariel,

No, they didn't say anything about rabbits. I gotthe sense that they were talking about all animals ingeneral. They did target dogs at one point to a largepart.

As Cirrustwi noted, they had this one African Grey Parrot that has avocabulary of 1,077 words. He was 7 years old and the womanhas gotten to a point of communication with him whereas he and she cango back and forth in a conversation with him.

When Jane Goodall went to visit this parrot, the first thing the birdsaid to her was, "That's Jane! You got your toy withyou?" And then made the sounds ofa chimp.Then he had asked Jane, "...and that little camera. Do youput batteries in it?"

The woman said that the birdcouldreflect on thepast and future.If he has an experiencethathe really enjoys,he'll talk about itfor months. There was once they took him for a ride in thecar and he kept bugging the owner to for for a ride in thecar. When the owner told him, "I don't have a car."He said, "Get a car. Phone for a car." It was incredible howthis little guy could express his feelings.

Taking it a step further, they removed the woman from the room and sether up in a room 55 feet away from the bird. They showed herpictures and she was to focus on them for 2 minutes. Theywanted to see if the bird could pick up on what she wasthinking. Out of about 71 cards, the bird properly identified23 of the pictures that the bird looked at, which the scientists feltwas extremely successful.

They did note that there has to be some sort of closeness to have communication.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Ariel,

No, they didn't say anything about rabbits. I gotthe sense that they were talking about all animals ingeneral. They did target dogs at one point to a largepart.

As Cirrustwi noted, they had this one African Grey Parrot that has avocabulary of 1,077 words. He was 7 years old and the womanhas gotten to a point of communication with him whereas he and she cango back and forth in a conversation with him.

When Jane Goodall went to visit this parrot, the first thing the birdsaid to her was, "That's Jane! You got your toy withyou?" And then made the sounds ofa chimp.Then he had asked Jane, "...and that little camera. Do youput batteries in it?"

The woman said that the birdcouldreflect on thepast and future.If he has an experiencethathe really enjoys,he'll talk about itfor months. There was once they took him for a ride in thecar and he kept bugging the owner to for for a ride in thecar. When the owner told him, "I don't have a car."He said, "Get a car. Phone for a car." It was incredible howthis little guy could express his feelings.

Taking it a step further, they removed the woman from the room and sether up in a room 55 feet away from the bird. They showed herpictures and she was to focus on them for 2 minutes. Theywanted to see if the bird could pick up on what she wasthinking. Out of about 71 cards, the bird properly identified23 of the pictures that the bird looked at, which the scientists feltwas extremely successful.

They did note that there has to be some sort of closeness to have communication.

-Carolyn
That is too funny!!!Get a car!! Can't blame the poor bird for wanting a car ride.I could just see her telling the bird, i dont have money to buy acar. well get a job or something.. I want a carride. haha :)Cristy

Back