Jacques is dead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry to hear about Jacques, but you did everything you could, and gave him a wonderful 3 years. I think the fact that Joey was left with Jacques when he passed has probably helped his grieving. He knows that he has gone, and yes, I do believe that animals can sense illness.

Thinking of you

Jan

Angieluv- You are awesome and your bunnies are so lucky to have you and for that matter all your animal friends at home and the shelter. You probably decreased Joey's grieving time by tons with all your actions ( I wont rehash) I never would have thought of the stuffed animal.

After the last surgery you said you were spending more time with Joey so as time goes by he may become closer to you .... just give him time. Delilah is very independent but gets withdrawn if I don't give her attention. It is like she needs the attention even if she seems like she does not want me around her.

Best wishes and don't look back it only increases the pain. You saved him from a shelter life and gave him 3 great loving years and a loving atmosphere. Take care and if you need anything pls pm me.

ps you were right on with your post about animals smelling cancer. Animals know more than we do and that is not the first time I heard of that happening.

Baci, Delilah, and Bella

Dogs are used in arson investigations, since they can detect a minute amount of accelerant such as gasoline in a large fire scene. The same with explosives. Likewise, sharks can detect a single drop of blood from miles away. The long-range navigation abilities of birds & whales are still mysteries.

Hi Angieluv :hug2

I am so sorry to hear about Jacques. You were a wonderful bunny mom to him and he had a beautiful and happy life thanks to you.

I hope you and Joey are doing ok. You are both in my thoughts.

Lots of love, Eve

angieluv wrote:
Joey's behaviour hasn't really changed at all. I have been giving him a lot of attention. I did leave jacques body with him for the entire eveningafter jacques died. He groomed the body a little , left it and then returned but never looked upset. I took a stuffed bunny about Jacques size and rubbed jacques body on the toy and then took the body and left the toy. The towels that were in jacques carrier are still in Joey's area. He isn't looking for Jacques and looks relaxed..all I can say is that Joey was alone for about the lst couple years of his life. I don't know ..maybe he will have a delayed reaction. he is eating and everything....surprises me a lot .
I think that sometimes they know, understand, and accept things....without the conditions and expectations that we have.

Latest posts

Back