Jackie Has Upset Tummy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Hi Jackie has a bit of an upset tummy. We gave her one dose of the Ovoal, but I'm not sure exactly how much we should give.

Simethicone Liquid:For an acute gas attack, 1-2 cc (20mg/ml suspension) can be given as often as every hour for three doses, then 1 cc every three to eight hours.

I copied the above from the blog in libray file. Our syringes are all in ml. So does that mean I would give 20ml that seems like alot.

Thanks

Susan:?

Hey Susan - it's the Baby Ovol right? If so, then give her about 2 dropper fulls.

Acc and a ml are the same.

Nadia

Thanks Nadia, another dumb question. Do you give the 2 droppers at the same time, and when you say full dropper theonly has measurements half way up. (Gosh am I even making sense.LOL

Hey Susan, you can give her about 2 mLs (same as 2 ccs) to start.

Is she moving around much? Will she eat anything? Whats her tummy feel like?

I've given her 2 doses now, she's not really moving around alot but she will run away from me if I try to get her. Wilbur is being very attentive. She hasn't eaten yet this morning and she failed the treat test. I did use the electric tooth brush on her tummy which doesn't feel hard at the moment.

Susan:(

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi Jackie has a bit of an upset tummy. We gave her one dose of the Ovoal, but I'm not sure exactly how much we should give.

Simethicone Liquid:For an acute gas attack, 1-2 cc (20mg/ml suspension) can be given as often as every hour for three doses, then 1 cc every three to eight hours.

I copied the above from the blog in libray file. Our syringes are all in ml. So does that mean I would give 20ml that seems like alot.

Thanks

1cc=1ml liquid

Hi Haley, she took her papaya tablet. I'm not really sure if she at because her & Wilbur eatout of the same dish. She has gone to the bathroom.

I bought some mint as Randy suggested to JimD so we'll see if she eats that.

Susan:)

Well Jackie still isn't feeling the greatest. She is taking the papaya tablets, we have syringed water and Critical Care. We have given the Ovol. I haven't seen her eat any hay or greens. Her tummy is really rumbling (making lots of noise) she's done really small poos.

Any suggestions.

Susan

Have you tried any canned pumpkin? I know folks often tell me not to mix baby food w/ the canned pumpkin - but my rabbits scarf it up that way....and my goal is to try and get something into them. Most of them see a syringe coming and think of it is a treat....

Peg

Alfalfa hay and NutriCal if you have any on hand.

I would try and isolate Jackie with the food bowl, so you would know if she has eaten from it. Is she still active and able to run around? How is her teeth?

Hi,

This is something we do here...but I don't normally tell people about it for a couple of reasons. First, it shouldn't work...not on paper anyway as this is the exact opposite of what I would expect to see. And the next reason is that I have absolutely no idea whatsoever why this works. But it has worked for us many times. We feed them plain white rice...cooked of course.

And just another thought.....I might would consider discarding any food and/or hay he has been eating since this event started. Might be a bit extreme...but. I would look for a reason that is causing his issues.

Randy

Randy, Jackie is in with her boyfriend Wilbur so I dont think it could be food or anything.

Are you giving her belly rubs Susan?

I agree with isolating her when shes eating. Could you distract Wilbur and one of you hold him while Jackie eats?

The thing is she's not eating, she had a couple pieces of hay, and we are giving her Critical Care. She really doesn't look uncomfortable. I have been giving her tummy rubbies. Chris had her out for about an hour going up and down the stairs and chinning everything in Daisy Mae's room.

I tried to get the nutrical today but the store didn't have any she is going to order me some. She called me and asked what kind to get a)Cat b) Dog c)Cat & Dog d) Older Pet I had no idea what the difference is. HELP

Randy how much rice. The thing with Jackie is she is so hard to get her to eat. Should I be syringing her baby food tonight.

Thanks for your help.

Susan

She just did about 5 very smalls poos they looked like cecals.

The different Nutricals are all the same so you could get any of them.

Is her belly still making noises? Are you giving her simethicone still?

I would hold off on baby food since most are high in sugar/carbs. Try offering her some pumpkin with pellets in a dish when shes isolated from Wilbur and see if she will eat that. If she wont, keep syringing her the critical care and maybe some pumpkin as well. You also should syringe her some water or pedialyte if she wont drink on her own.

Will she eat any hay? Did you try spritzing it with some juice or something?

If her bellies not making noises, it makes me think it could possibly be a tooth issue causing her to not want to eat. I think Id still keep up with the simethicone and belly rubs just in case, especially since you said you did hear belly rumblings before.

Susan, tell them the Cat one is fine for the Nutri-cal

Keep giving her the critical care like you are. Is she drinking anything? Make sure you soak the critical care until it is not absorbing any more water.If you're getting it into her, then she should be getting fluids that way.

How much have you been able to get her to eat? I try to get them to eat about 15cc s, 4 times a day IF they are not eating anything else.

So she is pooping a small bit?

Latest posts

Back