I've scared myself!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, it's nice to know I'm not on my own! Going to the toilet at night just terrifies me. I go just before I go to bed, while Steve's still up and then I just hold on til morning. I wont go again until it's light, unless I'm REALLY sick or something lol...

You know in the Blair Witch Project, when they get to the house, and there's all these hand prints on the wall? Well when I watched that, I slept with the door open, lights on, and my eyes wide open lol.... And my parents were decorating the hallway at the time, and had just peeled off the wallpaper, which was patterened. It left marks behind that looked EXACTLY like those handprints, and I couldn't take my eyes off them all night LOL!

And Crimewatch is just as bad... maybe worse even, because it's real! I used to watch it when I lived in my flat on my own and then be too scared to go to bed....

It's crazy! I wish I could be like you Alicia!:X

mouse_chalk wrote:
It's crazy! I wish I could be like you Alicia!:X
Don't get it wrong I still jump when things happen on screen but that is half the fun.

I love scary movies too. It's hard to find one that will actually scare me though. Slasher movies with blood and guts aren't scary to me. They're just gross.

"I'm ridiculous, if I go to bed on my own, I always run up the stairs really fast, looking behind me the whole way, that's without watching anything that has 'spooked' me!"
==================================================
I do this too! I hate that I do it, because I know it's ridiculous. If I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I run back into the bedroom.

When I was about 8 years old, I had a dream that I was sitting on the hamper in the bathroom and my dad was fixing under the sink. The shower curtain came to life and grabbed me; I was kicking my feet and trying to yell, but every time my dad would come out to see what I was making a fuss about, the shower curtain went back to normal.

I'm still afraid of shower curtains in the middle of the night!

I think you are totally normal:)

I do all these things too! I'm always the last to bed and I go around and check the doors are locked, then just before I turn the living room light off, I study where all the furniture is and the hall way door - so I can flick the light off and run as fast as the wind down the hallway to the bedroom! :p The whole time I am sure that someone is chasing me.

The toilet is just across from our bedroom door, and even going that distance I get the spooks. So silly!

Speaking of sleep paralysis, I actually made myself have that once, it was a nightmare :?. I was reading this technique for relaxation online, and while lying down doing it, my concious brain was still awake but my body went paralysed like it does for everyone just before you are fully asleep. So I'm well aware that my eyes ate open and I can't move an inch, it was awefull. In the end I just had to really will myself out it and I managed to move again, but I felt all funny for ages.

I think i saw that programme about the sleep walking and the lady who feels she's being strangled, that's a scary one :(.

Scary films are my favourite but i still scare myself!

When i first watched the Blair Witch Project i was house sitting at my Grandparents. After it had finished i completley forgot that i hadn't got the sheep in. I had to walk up into the wood to usher them into a field IN THE DARK.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

pinksalamander wrote:

When i first watched the Blair Witch Project i was house sitting at my Grandparents. After it had finished i completley forgot that i hadn't got the sheep in. I had to walk up into the wood to usher them into a field IN THE DARK.

OH MY GOD! I would have died of fear I think... I'd never have been able to do it.... That film terrified me to my very core...lol!

I also suffer from a kind of sleep paralysis, with my vertigo, and have serious vertigo sensations whilst being half awake and unable to move.. The other night I had it happen, and I don't remember it all that well but I'd had a nightmare that someone was after me and was trying to scream, but you know how when you scream in dreams nothing comes out? I vaguely remember lying there and I could hear myself 'whisper screaming' and I was terrified cos I couldn't scream loud enough for anyone to heat me! :? Not nice at all

mouse_chalk wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:

OH MY GOD! I would have died of fear I think... I'd never have been able to do it.... That film terrified me to my very core...lol!

I also suffer from a kind of sleep paralysis, with my vertigo, and have serious vertigo sensations whilst being half awake and unable to move.. The other night I had it happen, and I don't remember it all that well but I'd had a nightmare that someone was after me and was trying to scream, but you know how when you scream in dreams nothing comes out? I vaguely remember lying there and I could hear myself 'whisper screaming' and I was terrified cos I couldn't scream loud enough for anyone to heat me! :? Not nice at all
How odd, i also suffer from sleep paraylsis, luckily it usually happens in the morning when i'm dozing so its light. Its the weirdest thing ever. It happens like once a month to me now so i'm kind of used to it but the first time it happened i was like 'I need to move! I need to call someone!' I had it once where i had my eyes half open. That was a weird feeling.

pinksalamander wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:

How odd, i also suffer from sleep paraylsis, luckily it usually happens in the morning when i'm dozing so its light. Its the weirdest thing ever. It happens like once a month to me now so i'm kind of used to it but the first time it happened i was like 'I need to move! I need to call someone!' I had it once where i had my eyes half open. That was a weird feeling.

I had it every night for a month now. I have had some issues with sleeping. I eventually wake up screaming. Don't ask.

Latest posts

Back