I've got a question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatsMySimi

Reaction score
Hi, all! :) Don't know if any of you remember me, but I had three rabbits, and have only one now... He has a fairly large cage, but I feel like he doesn't have enough space to romp.

So my question is, we've got a dog x-pen, that I am thinking of using to corner off a bit of my room for him (It's probably 7 or 8 feet by 4). I'd like to put the x-pen around his cage, and then, be able to let him out to play. Would this work? If it will, I plan on putting a cover over the top of it, so the cats can't bother him (even though none of them have yet - but it would only take one time)...

This way, I could let him loose in it while I'm doing things, and not worry about weather or not he's staying in my room - since the little fella has no fear of anything it seems - not even out Great Dane!

Thanks in advance.

You can definitely use an xpen in addition to Ash's cage to allow him to have more free run time. I'd definitely have him supervised if you're concerned that the cat may get to him or that he may try to jump out of the pen. I know many people use xpens along with their bunnies' cages. It's just a matter of what works for you and for Ash.

Please let us know how it works if you decide on using the xpen. Oh, and pictures are a must :).

Okay, sounds good! :) We've got a tall x-pen, that we bought to keep our Mini Aussies and one German Shepherd in it, so it's very tall - one down from the tallest you can get. The cats don't bother him when he's out, so I don't think they will - I'm just being catious.

As soon as I can, I'll get pics.

Welcome back!!!!! glad to see you here again. I have a nic cage that is 3x2 and a xpen attached to the front of it so that they can come in and out of there cage and my guys do just fine. I too have cats that have only bothered a few times here and there but dont do so anymore. But a cover over it would probably work good in keeping the cats out of it. Cant wait to see pics

My buns live in an x-pen (5' x 8') and I don't even bother to keep a cage in it. They have have a hidey box and a willow tent to lounge in plus their litter box, food/water bowls, etc. in there. It works great.

I've got a cage, and he likes it pretty well, so I figure I'll leave it in the x-pen, plus, I'm living away from home some this summer (My sister takes care of Ash while I'm gone), so when I'm gone, he'll be in his cage...

I'm off to clean my room, and double check the part he'll be in to make sure it's all bunny safe. :)

I'll get pics just as soon as I can!

So, I'm almost done now. It's not as big as I wanted it to be, but it's a lot bigger than his cage! I'm pleased. I've got a sort of water proof cloth under it, and I'll let him out for a little romp it in, once I get it all ready... :) I'll take pics tonight, but post them tomorrow - since it's 11:30. :)

Latest posts

Back