It's Good News!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billie007

Billie007
Reaction score
For the past 3 days now, Lenin has been in and out of the vets.
The vet took a good look at him and said it's not Stasis, he's probably has bloat issues or a digestive issue.

She gave him some antibiotics and pain killers and I must say he's back to his good old self. He's eating properly, playing, jumping up for cuddles and kisses and over all he just looks more happy than he was.

He's on a course of pain killers for a few days, but other than that I'm so happy and I also got him insured, so he'll get the best care if he ever needs it again.

Thank you everyone for the support you showed on my previous thread.

Photo0064.jpg

Hooray! I'm so glad to hear that Lenin's on the road to recovery, and it's great that he's now covered in case he needs quality care again in future. :}

I'm glad he's doing better! Did the vet give you some sort of probiotic? It's really good to give one when giving an antibiotic, as antibiotics can actually upset the digestive system if given alone (including by causing nausea, which could turn into stasis if the bunny's stubborn). If your vet doesn't carry them, some pet stores and feed stores do (at least in the US). I use BeneBac Plus, which also contains a prebiotic, and I really like it... it's the only common US brand I know of that has both, but it looks like the same isn't true in your country.

Some good brands to look for (all of which contain prebiotics as well):
Avipro Plus (labeled for cats, dogs, small animals and birds)
Protexin has three rabbit-specific formulas:
~ Fibreplex
~ Bio-Lapis(also contains electrolytes (for recovery from dehydration))
~ Pro-Fibre
ProC Probiotic (labeled for a wide variety of non-cat/dog small animals) - this is sold by Pets at Home

I hope he continues to do well - give him a nose-bonk for me :D

Latest posts

Back