Its finally happened! Fraggles has fallen inlove with another bunny :) Photo's of our newest inside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I also belong to a chicken forum because my family raises chickens. We also raise beef steers. The chickens we keep are egg birds and not the kind you eat but the steers its easy. When there 19 months you can't wait to see them go. But Fraggles knows commands and is completely house broken. Plus she just wants to be loved on. Eating rabbit never appealed to me before but since I have Fraggles now its completely out of the question.

I agree I would never, never eat a rabbit. Have asked people non tooo politely to get out of my house when they mention Benjamin would make a nice stew. As for cows and chickens, I try not to think about their big brown eyes when I eat them otherwise I would be a vegetarian. We had a french angora rabbit when we lived in Cranbrook that had surgery for a fur ball that was the size of a beef sausage. We put a little sweater on him and packed him around in a doll snuggly until he healed. Seemed to like the warmth and security. I guess rabbit people become a bit excentric after awhile. Rabbits are pretty easy to train to do tricks. We have had one that would chase the broom as a game. I have also seen a surfing rabbit on TV. In Kelowna and Victoria they had an whole population of rabbits that were turned loose and abandoned by their owner (stupid people). The ones from Victoria were sent to a rabbit rescue some place in the states, but they killed all the ones in Kelowna. ( stupid officals ). When we were installing signs on the Sandman tower I would watch all the cute little bunnies hopping along the sidewalks and grassy areas. The tourists loved them. Wish I could have brought the whole works home.

When I was at the humane society adopting my rabbit a guy waiting in line said, "are you making stew?
My daughter was so upset. People are completely insensitive about it.

Acts like she has bonded! Is this normal?
Yes, it's quite normal. Natasha has her stuffed friend "Butter", who she grooms and ummm... plays with.

7648_282009_410000002.jpg

She'll spend lots of time just lying next to Butter and communing with her.

7648_022141_360000001.jpg

oh my Natasha, my daughter rabbit used to do the same thing to a soccer ball but she ( the rabbit ) not my daughter wasn't neutered and used to go into heat. She didn't have a partner so!!!!!!!!!!!! Butter looks like the cat that swallowed tweety bird. YaH! I get really mad when people talk like that about Benjamin, I also say "I wouldn't come to your house and talk about cooking your cat or dog." Wonder why they think it is funny, let alone say it in front of a child??
Whoever said spring was here doesn't live in southern BC. Seen a car in Vernon today with snow on the roof and it snowed on the hills again last night. Boy oh boy don't think Benjamin will ever bedone shedding, as the weather cannot make up its mind.

Katie - know this is off the subject but have you found out anything about Fraggles itchy ears. Benjamin is still scratching and we still cannot see anything. I changed his hay today to timothy grass hay, thought he might be getting too hot on the alalpha.
Am wondering if I should just go ahead and have him treated for ear mites even though they haven't scoped anything? ( that is the vets suggestion ). He woke me up with his scratching last night, 1:30 in the morning I am wiping out his ears just in case the minute tiny bit of wax that was present was irritating him.
Alma

The guy who upset your daughter I hope got told what you thought about saying that in front of a kid! Sheesh, some people.

I am personally a vegetarian, we used to play with the neighbors cows by where we lived - they raised a cow every year for meat and the things were so tame from playing with the neighbors kids that they would come up to the fence and demand to be petted...(plus you'd see the kids playing with in the yard all the time) that put me off beef. My first pet ever was a chicken and she would perch on our arm, let you pet her head. And then we got turkeys, they would walk up and ask to be kissed on top of the head and sit for hours letting me pet them. And our pig loved, loved, loved caramels and would sit by the fence waiting for us to come home in the hopes of getting a treat or a pat on the head. We also had goats, who would lay in my lap and just stay there until I moved.

So, a rabbit wasn't very hard for me to think of in pet terms lol

I get the jokes about stew and such from people too though, been getting it since I got a bird... people always say I should make chicken salad (he's a cockatiel), now with a rabbit they say chicken and rabbit stew. *rollseyes*

Natasha is so cute with Butter! And erm, she really seems to "enjoy" him in the first pic.

I have a odd thought. My rabbit hated ALL other rabbits too. She behaved really inappropriately and the rabbit shelter women didnt think she would ever be able to be boned. Eventually I just fostered another rabbit and made her deal with it. Eventually we came to the conclusion that she just wasnt USED to other rabbits. It wasnt that she didnt like them, its just that shes never had a friend.

Maybe this stuffed animal will be a good 'starter' friend. She will realize that she wants to snuggle and be groomed and perhaps one day her affection for the stuffed animal might make her want a real friend. It might be a good idea for her to start to understand that other rabbits are supposed to be good company. Its just a thought.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Don't you just hate it when people talk about eating your rabbit or making "stew". I know I guy in the building who calles Fraggles "stew". Gets really old. I would never threaten to eat someone's cat!

Thats horrible. My dad and husband joked about killing mine for target practice at first. My dad even asked "Why would you want a pet that your dog would kill?" Now even he is "bonded" with my bun. I had him on the bed the other night and my dad snuck him a treat. Hes a softie after all.

Fraggles - mom removed the alalpha hay from my area because it left a lot of dust on the floor. My ears were not as itchy last night. My scope was clear too. I now have to eat timothy grass hay ugh:(

OMG I am dying! these Pictures are hilarious! I never thought to give mine a stuffy...hmmm. I want to run in my daughters room and steal one of hers!

Latest posts

Back