Its finally happened! Fraggles has fallen inlove with another bunny :) Photo's of our newest inside

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yep she has finally fallen in love. I thought she would be single forever. Is it the Elop I dreamed about or the lovely rex I wanted? Nope Fraggles hates them. Instead its a rare and beautiful purebreed "Stuffed" rabbit. Isent he beautiful? Perfect head,great markings, lovely balance. I am thinking about showing! Now for how I really feel! This is crap!!! We have a stuffed dragon that she pays no attention to. But this stuffed rabbit she can't get enough of. Acts like she has bonded! Is this normal? Here is her grooming her friend.
SU1HMDAxMjgtMjAxMTA1MTUtMjMyMi5qcGc.jpg
And now waiting to be groomed.
SU1HMDAxMzAtMjAxMTA1MTUtMjMyMi5qcGc.jpg

LOL.I just yelled at her a minute ago. Cause she grooms and then flattens herself waiting for "Mr.Stuffy" to groom her. Then she grooms some more. I finally yelled at her "That thing is never going to groom you". My yelling cause her to binky all over the place. Then she went to snuggle with "Mr.Stuffy"

OMG - I let out a guffaw of laughter when I read that she was waiting to be groomed - I thought too, "You'll be waiting a long time for that grooming!" Well as long as she's happy right that's all that should count. Maybe I need to get mine some stuffed bunnies...

Its kinda sad really. She grooms and then says "Okay now its your turn" Flattens on the floor and waits. Then looks around all confused then starts grooming it again. If she would let me get another bun then she could be groomed also :( My poor baby.

Katie I have the purfect advice for you.

You get on the floor and groom/kiss Fraggles when she is asking her Stuffy to groom her.:biggrin2:

Susan:)

Hahaha! That's adorable.

Hannah came to us with a stuffed rabbit that we just call "Stuffie". She loves that thing and carries it all over like she's a dog. Even Otto likes it now and will give Stuffie kisses before giving me kisses :-(

The picture were she is all flat waiting for Stuffy to groom her. Isent that the SADDEST thing you have ever seen? She just looks so sad. I actually called her onto the couch and snuggled/"groomed" her for an hour. She gave me lots of kisses and ate craisons from my hand. But as soon as she left she want right back to stuffy. She even gave me foot flicks after she got down. What the heck did I do to deserve foot flicks?

Becky has a stuffy named cotton tail. She loves to boss around the stuffy and grooms it too. She drug the stuffy into her bed and likes to sleep with it. I will try to get pictures.

In the past she has been bossed around by her "bond mates" to the point of her getting dangerously thin. I think she likes having someone to boss around that won't steal her food. She's happier as a single. :)

Too funny and here I thought she was ready for a long distance relationship with Benjamin. Wonder if her mothering instinct is coming out. Possibly she would be good with a very small bunny, like the stuffy?? (The stuffy offers no threat or dominance) maybe that is what she likes.

That's a very good point Alma. I have always kinda wondered if she really hates other rabbits or if she is just afraid. She was once introduced to a 12 week old dwarf who was no bigger then my hand. Fraggles weighed about 8 pounds at the time. But non the less she hid behind me and was thumping but seemed to be afraid. But she has also fought with other buns too. Don't worry though. She will always be Benjamins girl :D

When my grandson first brought his cat home ( that is before the cat decided that Benjamin was a rodeo ride ) he set him down in the livingroom. At this time Benjamin was a 14 pound rabbit and a big baby. He took one look at that small black animal, ran behind me and thumped his feet for dear life. Guess him and Fraggle both are a wee bit of a scardey-cats or should I say rabbits. Ben was very young when we got him, was Fraggle? maybe they just do not recognize what other rabbits look like.

Yes Fraggles was 5 weeks when I brought her home. Way to young I know but I had no choice. She was born as part of a litter of meat rabbits and the whole litter was being picked up the next day by a local butcher for fatting until six months. I wish I could have taken them all. But the farm would only let me have one so her 8 sibling went to the butcher :( Her sister was kept for breeding as her mom was also sold :( But Fraggles was the only one that would come out of the nest. So I took her and she has always been very attached to me. So yes very young when I got her

Aw that is so horrible. Im glad you got to save one at least. Poor things.

Ive noticed that now that I own a rabbit - your out look toward them changes quite a bit.

Yes you do look at them very differently. I never thought of em as real house pets before. When I got Fraggles I did not have any supplies. Fraggles lived on a cardboard box on towels for the first two nights. I did everything WRONG at first and I wrapped her in a blankie and just carried her everywere. People thought I was crazy for having a "apartment bunny". I was shocked that she was so easy to train. But every time I looked at her for about two weeks I saw all those faces in the nest and her poor mommy who wanted to be petted :( The doe went with the litter to the butcher. I would NEVER eat rabbit!

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Yes you do look at them very differently. I never thought of em as real house pets before. When I got Fraggles I did not have any supplies. Fraggles lived on a cardboard box on towels for the first two nights. I did everything WRONG at first and I wrapped her in a blankie and just carried her everywere. People thought I was crazy for having a "apartment bunny". I was shocked that she was so easy to train. But every time I looked at her for about two weeks I saw all those faces in the nest and her poor mommy who wanted to be petted :( The doe went with the litter to the butcher. I would NEVER eat rabbit!

Even doing everything wrong the first little while, Fraggles is one lucky bunny. :) I was kind of shocked how easy it is to train bunnys to the litter. I'm "scared" to train for tricks and stuff. lol. I could never eat rabbit either. Poor things. I mean, chicken and cow - totally different story to me.. I wonder if theres a chicken forum where people are saying this now? :confused2: Hum. Sorry.. I got off topic, think typing.

Latest posts

Back