It's Christmas and if all else fails... BUY YOUR OWN BIRTHDAY PRESENT!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watermelons

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Un-Snowy Wet West, British Columbia, Canada
So for years I've dreaded the coming of christmas only because it's also my birthday, and I have to spend my 1 day a year with people who either dont have a clue why society celebrates christmas or family I just dont like. However the good food is usually worth it....

So today I decided to brave the boxing day roads and buy myself a new camera as a gift to myself.

Just under $3000 later.... (gosh that would have taken a good chunk off what I still owe on my truck.

Bye bye old hunk o junk
NewCamera-Christmas005.jpg

Hello shiny.....
NewCamera-Christmas023.jpg

NewCamera-Christmas025.jpg

Of coarse I HAD to make sure I got a macro lense too, its nothing too special but if I was going to spend that kind of money I wasn't going to get the cheapest one there....

First thing I did was slap on a screen protector and a filter on each new lense.
This thing weighs more body alone then my old camera with lense and external flash!

Now I havn't read the book, or bothered to change any settings, just a quick snap snap here for you guys.

Old camera + Lense
NewCamera-Christmas027.jpg

New Camera and Macro....
NewCamera-Christmas001.jpg

Ill try harder tomorrow....
Once I learn to use the things, and once its not so dark in here. And I can bother to set the flash properly and the settings properly and blah blah blah, no effort tonight I swear.

NewCamera-Christmas010.jpg

NewCamera-Christmas008.jpg

Maybe I will read the manual after I finish studying for my License exam *sigh*

Well anyway, just wanted to show off :D Thanks! Hope everyones enjoying their holidays!

Ooo. I'm so jealous of the new fancy camera. :p I sometimes wonder if I'll ever be able to afford something as nice as that! Pretty pictures too -- Congrats on the new present to yourself.

That is incredible! Happy Birthday! :)

What are the specifics on the camera? I would love to get one for my husband, but have no clue what to get.

Great pictures. Maybe you can replace some of the money by renting it out, becoming a part-time animal photographer or something.

Happy B'day--now we want lots of pics. Nancy's bitrhday is on January 9th, so her folks always used the B.S. line that they got her "so much" for Xmas. They are the cheapest people I know.

Ive never really been one to care about my birthday too much or christmas for that matter, they've lost their appeal, but I've been looking at this camera for well over a year now since my old one started having issues and it was just never in the budget. After finishing my course and getting a new job, it just worked out that boxing day was the day I finally had enough. Though some did end up on the Visa, but I really wanted that macro lense....

But thanks for the happy birthdays guys... lake condo... Nobody else will touch this thing :p

Building or buying a photo box is next on my list.

Gonna try later for pics tonight, but they loose the awesome effect and clarity when i downsize them to fit the forum. :(

grumpygecko.jpg

I might need to point out her heads the size of a bottle cap, look at those cute little teeth :D

OOoooooh I am so drooling over your camera. I would love a macro lense. Ah I need to buy a new charger for it tho.

Look at the itty bitty gecko!

My mom's birthday is also December 25. When she was little, her family would celebrate it on Valentine's day instead since no one wants to come to a birthday party on Christmas. Mine is almost exactly 6 months later, June 26.

Latest posts

Back